Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! After update, calendar dims all events

(Topic created on: 06-12-2021 10:06 PM)
Nirvana Marie
Apprentice
Options

My phone updated today and now my calendar has all my events dimmed. 

Before the update, it had my past events dimmed and upcoming events brighter.

I'm a very visual person and this was incredibly helpful for me and a big part of my routine, but I cannot figure out how to get it back the way it was. 

I contacted support and they walked me through clearing all the caches. The next thing they recommended was to factory reset my phone which is not something I can handle doing right now. 

Does anyone have an easier solution? 

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Have you tried the restore from Samsung backup on backup settings page ? There is a tab for calendar sync.
0 Likes
Nirvana Marie
Apprentice
Options

I have not, but not sure where you are finding that. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Type in 'Backup' on the app screen search bar and you should be able to get to it from there. I've enclosed a screenshot with my message. Hope it helps 👍Screenshot_20211125-034024_Samsung Cloud_538_1637811660.jpg
0 Likes
Nirvana Marie
Apprentice
Options

I tried that and it did not change it 😞

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Can you send me screenshot or image of the problem. I've just looked on my calender and it only seems to shade out contacts birthday's.
0 Likes
Nirvana Marie
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20211124-200046_Calendar.jpg

it use to shade out the past events, but now it shades out everything

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
You use a different layout to me, but the actual shading looks more or less like mine. It grays out the overlap dates at the start & end of each month. But the rest are just various pale shades. I think it's probably just a symptom of the upgrades by samsung tbh. The colour schemes can be tweaked a little i think.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
One other thing to try is under the account manager settings. If you click on each account, you will get a drop down screen with slide switches for syncing to account various apps. It's worthwhile to check this to make sure the calendar is in sync with them. Hope it helps.
0 Likes
JS58214
Journeyman
Options

Same problem after installing androidv12 update (Samsung S21ultra).

The latest update didn't solve the problem.

Samsung agenda / calender has become worthless now to use for a quick overview.

JS58214_0-1638827715056.png

the white fields were originally also blue and easy to read (I myself masked several blue fields with privat information).  I don't understand why certain fields of the agenda has become heavily masked and others are unchanged.

I hope Samsung will fix this bug.

0 Likes