Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Hearing the caller only after turning speaker on

(Topic created on: 12-02-2022 10:47 AM)
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

My wife owns a S21+ and this issue only started yesterday. 

She'll receive a phone call, but neither party can hear the other.  I own a S21 Ultra and can confirm this issue for her phone as well.

If I call my wife and we then both put the phone on speaker, it works fine.

If we both immediately turn the speakers off, it also works fine.

It's just the initial part of the call which doesn't work.  As soon as she switches the speaker on, both parties can hear each other.

Thinking this might be a Bluetooth issue, we both disabled Bluetooth.  That made no difference. 

If there were an update yesterday, I would have linked the two things together, but that's not the case. 

Thoughts? 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

A follow-up - my wife and I went to the Vodafone store near us and asked there about this problem. 

The young man helping us asked my wife to reboot her phone, which we did, and which we did last night as well, and now it would seem the issue has been resolved. 

We told him about connecting a Bluetooth ear bud to her phone last night, an older ear bud with an older version of Bluetooth, and he thought that was the cause of this issue.

I pre ordered the S22 Ultra and will receive a set of Samsung Ear Buds Pro which I'll give to my wife to replace her older Jabra ear bud.

I also want to thank the previous poster for that link.  I'll spend some time looking through that information. 

Watch4 Classic

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page may be helpful to you

Can't hear calls on Samsung Mobile

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/cant-hear-calls-on-samsung-mobile/

Also try going settings
Sounds and vibration
And check volume control levels
0 Likes
Solution
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

A follow-up - my wife and I went to the Vodafone store near us and asked there about this problem. 

The young man helping us asked my wife to reboot her phone, which we did, and which we did last night as well, and now it would seem the issue has been resolved. 

We told him about connecting a Bluetooth ear bud to her phone last night, an older ear bud with an older version of Bluetooth, and he thought that was the cause of this issue.

I pre ordered the S22 Ultra and will receive a set of Samsung Ear Buds Pro which I'll give to my wife to replace her older Jabra ear bud.

I also want to thank the previous poster for that link.  I'll spend some time looking through that information. 

Watch4 Classic
0 Likes