Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a s21 ultra and im still on android 11 - does anyone have any ideas why its not updating or what I need to do?

(Topic created on: 07-12-2022 05:54 PM)
widge7
Student
Options

Have a s21 ultra and im still on android 11 no mater what I do it just wont update tried Samsung help but of course they were no help looked around for other means of updating my phone does anyone have any ideas why its not updating or what I need to do

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
Can you post your baseband version from Settings -> Software Information?

Please don't post serial numbers or IMEI etc though
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@widge7: Are you connected to a secure Wi-Fi network, and attempting to update via Settings > Software update > Download and install? If so, and if no updates are available, then you may wish to try using Smart Switch on your home computer to see if you're able to update in this manner.

To begin with, please follow the link below, and click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' to download the relevant version

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your S21 Ultra using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, and look for an update prompt on the landing page, next to your device details.

texasMadeQueen
Student
Options

I am having the same issue with my S21+ (oddly my husbands too, same model). I have contacted AT&T and Samsung and finally gave up. I have tried Smart Switch and the Settings > software update -- neither worked. These phones were purchased in installments on our ATT bill back in APR of 21. Any help would be help, I have been googling this for almost a year now.  

Screenshot_20221208-121639_Settings[4293].jpgScreenshot_20221208-121646_Settings[4294].jpg

AndrewL
Options

@texasMadeQueen: Where did you purchase your Galaxy S21+ from? If the phone was intended for use outside your current country, then this can lead to compatibility issues due to software variances that exist in our devices from region to region. I can see that your Google Play system updates aren't going through either, which does suggest to me that the phone(s) are not intended for use in the US. 

widge7
Student
Options
It's G998BXXU3AUDA
0 Likes
texasMadeQueen
Student
Options

It was purchased from the AT&T store at time of contract. - TX, US

0 Likes
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
What's your CSC? it's on the same page under service provider information, there will be 3 letters repeated about 4 times along with 3 letters in the middle
0 Likes
Eliteking
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20230910-182726_Settings.jpg

0 Likes