Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone noticed it. Official release of android 12 and one ui 4 a scam?

(Topic created on: 17-11-2021 05:20 PM)
Anaas
Journeyman
Options
Why is my security patch update site not showing android 12 yet. Even though I did receive my android 12 official update from the beta program. Is it all a scam or does this has a explanation?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Anaas
Journeyman
Options
This...Screenshot_20211117-080202_Settings_4522_1637136725.jpgScreenshot_20211117-080230_Samsung Internet_4524_1637136150.jpgScreenshot_20211117-080418_Software update_4526_1637136258.jpg
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Usually take 1 to 3 days for it to update and show the latest version.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Mines same.Screenshot_20211117-093747_CheckFirm.jpg
Anaas
Journeyman
Options
Ok, I have updated mine about 2 days ago.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Anaas  Understand you might be a bit anxious  but the security app will be updated shortly.  The official release was verified by the Beta Moderator.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

chippie
Pathfinder
Options
Why or how would you think that it is a scam? All the updates and the betas are sent to your device in an official capacity from Samsung servers. How would this even work as a scam? Tens of thousands of people duped into installing and testing beta software followed by a final release for what exactly and without Samsungs knowledge?!?
Perhaps it is a language thing but I'm just totally lost how you may think this is some sort of scam.
Totally understand that it's always good to be careful but I really think that Samsung may have noticed if someone was running a full blown beta rollout from their servers without their knowledge 👍🏼😊
Anaas
Journeyman
Options
Klkl @chippie, I am aware of it, but if you have seen my provided pictures of my software update, then you would have known why I assumed it was a scam. On my software update page within the phone setting app, it says that I am running Android 12, but on the Samsung software update server online, it says that I am still running Android 11.
0 Likes
Anaas
Journeyman
Options
Ok klkl, I hope it will get updated soon
0 Likes