Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else's s21 phone screen gone randomly black and turned off?

(Topic created on: 12-02-2022 07:09 PM)
Hislam
Apprentice
Options
13 REPLIES 13
AndrewL
Options

@Hislam: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. Is the black screen persistent, or have you been able to restore access to the phone? If the screen has remained black, can you try pressing the Volume Down and Power/Side Keys together for around 10 seconds to see if you can perform a Soft Reset, and address any temporary software issues that might be a contributing factor? 

0 Likes
Hislam
Apprentice
Options
it's turned back on, on normal screen. But it has gone randomly black like 3 times in the space of 2 days.
AndrewL
Options

@Hislam: What steps did you take to restore your screen? I should point out that your Galaxy S21 is designed to enter an idle state after 30 seconds of inactivity, therefore I recommend tapping the Power/Side Key next time it the issue occurs, just in case the above is applicable to your situation. If the screen goes black, and the touch screen and hard keys become unresponsive, then you may wish to restart the phone in Safe Mode, and monitor the performance for a set period, depending on the frequency of the issue. This will disable all third party apps, and help to determine if the problem is stemming from and external source. 

To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode. If the problem isn't present in Safe Mode, then restart the phone as you would normally, and delete any third party applications. 

0 Likes
Hislam
Apprentice
Options
Thankyou so much for your advice. I will try this. How long do you suggest to stay in Safe Mode?
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Hey @Hislam! We generally recommend staying in Safe Mode for 2 hours at least, as this is a good amount of time to ensure that you can fully test the impact it has had on the issue. 🙂

Ajee999
Explorer
Options

Hello I also just got the same problem, about 4 days ago I was using my phone perfectly fine and then it suddenly just blank off I can still press and hair things moving from my cell phone but I cannot see anything. I took it to a repair shop and they told me the screen is broken but I just couldn't believe that and then today while trying to see if anything will happen my phone screen magically came on like nothing never happened my phone is a Samsung S21 Plus. I also tried many other things to try to get it on including Force reset but that never worked even the repair shops just told me I need to buy a new screen which I think was crazy this was a somewhat new cell phone.

Ajee999
Explorer
Options

Does is still happen to you? 

0 Likes
Hislam
Apprentice
Options
Nope not in a while. Hopefully it doesn't do it again. I figured that it used to happen alot when I went on my settings, most of the time when I tried to fix my fingerprint, my phone would glitch. so I just stopped going on my fingerprint settings.
gjuic3
First Poster
Options

Hi people!

My S21 for the past two days was randomly turning off the screen while the apps and phone were still running underneath. It would randomly power off and back on too. Until today when the entire phone went into neon colors and low resolution. I took it to a repair shop and he said that he's never seen a problem like it before. He advised me to look under warranty but my warranty ended in March. Super unfortunate because now I don't have a usable phone. Just thought I'd share this if anyone else had this happen. 

0 Likes