Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hard rest

(Topic created on: 26-02-2021 04:50 PM)
Missy11
Student
Options
My  S21 will not work for hard reset without connecting it to PC. Any body has the same issue. Support said this is the process and hard reset will only work on S21 if connected to pc. Does not make sense #HardReset
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
brewingstorm
Apprentice
Options
Do you mean a factory reset? I've done that today without needing to connect to the PC but I'm not sure if that's the same as a hard reset
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Missy11  A computer is not needed for a factory reset , however device must be connected to computer or USB C Headphones  to wipe cache partition.   Data is not erased via this method, process has changed since Android 11.  see more here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/to-wipe-or-not-to-wipe/td-p/2828719 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Missy11
Student
Options
hard reset, is when the phone is switched off, and you press the volume up and start button similatounsly at the same time, you get a menu that allows factory reset
0 Likes
Missy11
Student
Options
thanks James, looks like they might have changed the hard reset
0 Likes
Options
it changed with android 11 update.. must be connected to laptop to enter recovery mode