Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hands free calling

(Topic created on: 19-05-2021 06:08 PM)
bert55
Apprentice
Options
I am gobsmacked and disappointed that I've purchased a phone (S21 ultra) that won't connect to my car for hands free calling as it hasn't got android auto because its not a new vehicle. I've been on chat, spoken to an 'expert' only to be told the phone won't work with my car and to give feedback to the developers. From what I've seen there is no way on this app to give feedback to the developers. I now have a phone that I can't use any time I need to unless I break the law and use it not hands free, a huge backward step 
11 REPLIES 11
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You don't need Android auto for hands free calling, Bluetooth is all it needs. Does your car support Bluetooth?
0 Likes
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

My car is a Ford Kuga Titanium X sport 2015 & doesn't have android auto but the hands free works ok.

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Go to get help at the bottom of the members app. Scroll down a little and you will see error reports or ask question. From there you can send feedback to the developers.
0 Likes
bert55
Apprentice
Options
That's what I couldn't understand. My car has Bluetooth and I can play music from the phone through it but when I try to make a call it very briefly connects then cuts off though my phone continues with the call
0 Likes
bert55
Apprentice
Options
Perhaps it's something I need to do in the settings then to get it to work. My last phone was so easy, just connect to Bluetooth and it was done
0 Likes
bert55
Apprentice
Options
Thank you
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have a look in your Bluetooth settings for the car connection and make sure the calls and audio sliders are both in the on position.
bert55
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, I'll have a look
0 Likes
ade0501
Navigator
Options
You didn't say what car you have, as I've connected mine to a works pool car (Audi A3) with no issues.
0 Likes