Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gyroscope problem

(Topic created on: 17-07-2021 06:19 PM)
Jeffiscool
Pioneer
Options

Since I bought the s21u I never had a stable gyroscope, I am forced to calibrate it every time I want to use an astronomy app like Stellarium or else North become South!!

Could it be a hardware fault or I need to do a factory reset? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Neither, it's the app giving problems. There are reviews highlighting this, on Play Store. It would be best to contact the developers for support. Their standard response is "

Noctua Software7 June 2021

Hi. Thank you for the feedback. If there are issues with calibration, please ensure that there are no metallic pieces or magnets located close to the phone such as in device protection covers. If issues continue, please send us an email at help@stellarium-labs.com so we can better assist you."

0 Likes
Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
Google maps is the same on my s21 ultra
0 Likes
Jeffiscool
Pioneer
Options

I will try with Sky Map first next time

0 Likes
Greig
Journeyman
Options
I'm having the same issue with the battery saver on pokemon go on my S21+. When the screen is upside down its supposed to go black but its going black when it's the right way up half the time making it pretty unplayable when it happens. Tried recalibrating the gyroscope but nothing seems to fix the issue long term. Defo think this is a phone problem. Sorry wish I could provide you with a fix but just wanted you to know your not the only one with this issue
0 Likes
Jeffiscool
Pioneer
Options

Some people told me that new samsung phones are like that (s20 and s21 series), and that other brands are better in that matter.

And no, it's not because of Stellarium, the simple compass app I downloaded also get the same result. I have to calibrate it daily and even calibrated it's "nervous".

I am thinking in doing a full reset of my S21U to see if it can help.

Do you think I should put in a samsung service center in case it's atill unstable or it's the same on all S21U? 

0 Likes