Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green dot with the new update and I hate it

(Topic created on: 29-11-2021 07:32 AM)
McCarthy
Apprentice
Options
I noticed a green dot comes up when my camera is used or when I'm making a phone call and I hate it how do you get rid of it on the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 
35 REPLIES 35
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

it's a feature if the green dot is in the corner , it's a notification to let you know your camera is being used , so as to warn you if you do not know an app is accessing your camera or mic

sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
It's just pointless really the green dot feature aside that we have permissions in settings I think that's enough
HeatOfLisboa67
Pioneer
Options
Yeah I'm not a fan either how do I turn it off Samsung are doing their best to alienate customers 🤔
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Android 12 Privacy features. (camera and mic)
Probably will get used to overtime.
I hardly notice it now.
0 Likes
sharon0211
Explorer
Options
Yeah it's an annoyance more than anything. I agree, you give permissions within an app, don't need reminding
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I find it annoying too... It would be nice if you could disable it by secure authentication or something. You know, a disable option where you need to enter your Samsung or Google account password to authenticate that it's  you choosing to disable it.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Moonchild130770
Explorer
Options
My issue is more than annoyance. I use Sleep by Andriod as an alarm and sleep monitor. This, of course, uses the microphone in order to function correctly. This means this green dot is on my screen all night. I'm no OLED screen expert, but it's safe to say I've removed permissions to the microphone for this app until I am able to turn this ridiculous function off. PLEASE SORT SAMSUNG!
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I never thought about the possibility of screen burn... I use Samsung Health's snore detection so it's probably flashing away all night for me too! I hope I don't end up with burnt or damaged pixels due to prolonged use. 😕

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
dumbdummy
Journeyman
Options
Can't even watch full screen movies/YouTube without that ***** green dot...