Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great S21u battery life since learning and calibration completion

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 09:13 AM)
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Over the past week my battery has got better and better.   My usage yesterday was quite a low day whilst I had a busy day at work, but I still used it to watch a show on now TV... listened to music through my buds at times during the day, and there is always time for social chat and WhatsApp. 

I have not backed down any settings from WQHD+, or 120Hz adaptive... and the 5G is enabled for cellular (although not available in this area)

Last night at bedtime my phone battery reached 33%... Great usage with around 5 hours of screen time. 

I did not charge last night... I wanted to test the discharge through the night. I woke up this morning and the phone registered 25%. Wow !! 

So my phone is now at 20%... I expect it could get through most of the work day without charging. 

However, in the interests of battery health which is widely known to be its best between 30 and 80% charge... I will soon charge the phone back up. 

I have an older Samsung charger from my S10+ that is capable of up to 15W charging... I will measure the time for charging back to 100% with my lower power charger.

Overall I am very impressed with this level of battery life 👍😉

Kind regards
Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
8 REPLIES 8
sudheerk
Pioneer
Options
yup it's getting better and better every day
yes WQHD+, Bluetooth, NFC, 5G, Location on for all time

Screenshot_20210202-161557_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20210205-060937_Device care.jpg

adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
good results considering the standby too.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I'd avoid draining under 20% to keep the battery healthy.
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

@adamlee wrote:
I'd avoid draining under 20% to keep the battery healthy.

Agreed.   It is a known fact that you should keep the battery from draining too much.   I left it to 15% today, and then recharged. 

For info, using the older S10 charger USB-A to USB-C at fast charge 15 watts (1.67A *9V) it took around 1hr35 to charge from 15% to 100%.  

This is not a super fast charger like the newer adaptors, but personally I don't see any point in upgrading my three Samsung chargers from previous generations of S8+ and S10+... they work fine, if only a bit slower.

In the first couple of days of owning the S21u I was a little worried about battery expectations, but I am now impressed with these numbers after the calibration and setting up is completed.  

Kind Regards

Smiley 😀   

- Smiley

0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I've ordered this. arriving in the next hour. I come from a p30 pro which had 40W fast charge which charged in 50min to 1 hour from 0% 4200mah battery... I've seen the results on the ultra and considering it's a 5000mah and only 25w it's very comparable. 11 min longer to charge s21 ultra.

Screenshot_20210205-120708_Shop_21218.jpg

Screenshot_20210205-120937_Samsung Internet_21220.jpg

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

When I heard before release, that Samsung had clocked the global model's Exynos 2100 higher than the Snapdragon 888 devices, I was prepared to take a bit of a hit on battery life.

However, a week in to receiving the global Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra I am impressed by 2 things...

#1 The battery life and SoT has greatly improved and matches my Galaxy S20 Ultra Exynos 990.
#2 How cool the Exynos 2100 runs, even when charging, (31C/88F), or doing benchmark tests.

Charging on the Samsung 25W charger and USB-C-to-C cable is 0% -100% in about an hour. Not far off the S20 Ultra on a 40W charger.

Battery life at 30 hours with 8h 34m SoT + juice left

Battery 30hrs_Device care.png

One thing I noticed was that Sammy need to work on their Always on Display on this phone as it was using around 19% of battery until I took it off, "Show always", and selected, "Tap to show for 10 seconds".

[EDIT] I have just received an update for the Always on Display. Will see if it makes a difference.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

I went to bed with around 24/25% with wifi on, I woke up with 20% left. First time I tried to push the battery up to 4% before charging it to 100% and I got 5hours and 55mins. 
I know I shouldn't let it drain to below 15% but I just had to try. I feel like the SoT on my phone is quite disappointing compared to others on here.

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
it certainly depends on usage and settings. you can certainly improve it by disabling 5G cellular... especially if it isn't in your area.

I tend to leave mine on... even though there isn't 5G in many miles from here... but I did disable it for one day and it made a difference... as well as AOD and other optimisations.

I typically get around 5 to 6 hours screen on time per day... so mine isn't always as good.

However if you have a low usage day during the working week..you can see that to leave the phone alone drains almost no battery whatsoever...

last night my battery was 65% when I went to bed... I woke 8 and half hours later to 60%... hardly any drain at all.

it does seem to improve day on day sometimes... and I am not sure they have fully optimised the battery yet... even when the calibration routine has finished.

I am thinking that future software updates will improve it further.

p.s. I havent yet received the February software update like some already have. so this might also give some improvements.
- Smiley

0 Likes