Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Wallet opens Google Pay

(Topic created on: 30-07-2022 08:32 AM)
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

According to my apps list Google Pay on my S21U-5G has been replaced by Google Wallet. However the icon on the start screen still says Google Pay and it opens Google Pay, on my other Samsung Phones (S7E, S9) it shows wallet and opens wallet. All phones show the exact same version of wallet installed.

I have tried removing the app, reinstalling the app, clearing the phone cache but nothing I do can get Google Wallet to show and run.

Any idea how I can get Google Wallet to run?

5 REPLIES 5
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Have you checked to see if there is an update?? As I've had 4 updates since it changed to Google wallet.
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

They are all running Google Wallet 2.150.463719012 with no further updates available.

NHPIXELSPHOTOGRAPHY
Pathfinder
Options
Same update are coming mine just changed and is fine now.
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

The Samsung August update is now installed and the latest version of Google Wallet but even after a total reinstall it still opens as Google Pay on the S21U5G.

lndigoChild
Apprentice
Options
This happened to me when Google Pay became Wallet it vanished and the app icon in my folder screen was replaced by Samsung Wallet without my permission! Could not pay for my coffee in the queue so embarrassing.
I sussed that I could access the G.Wallet by either the Google app store, where it shows that it's installed and updated, but is nowhere to be found on my Samsung M32 .... not in the app draw, not even on my apps list.
I can also open it via Google apps/settings in phone settings.
I disabled Samsung Pay because there was no light by the tab controlling DEFAULTS on either Google Wallet or Samsung Pay.
I really resent that Samsung apps just take over. I dont want this complication every time I want to use the G.Wallet.
I can't find a solution but I'll be buggered if I will set up Samsung Pay instead.
0 Likes