Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Storage

(Topic created on: 01-03-2021 02:24 PM)
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
Hey everyone,  so I had an email from Google saying I've used about 10 gb of my 15 gb allowance and that is all across my Google things Photos/Gmail/ Drive 
I wasn't aware of this and never had this warning before.. 
I've always had my photos uploaded/Sync to Google photos automatically and never had to worry. 

It says I can upgrade to Google One for a fee each month. 

What is the best thing and way to be able to upload your photos to ? 
Thanks in advance ☺ 
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
there's lots of cloud solutions - broadly similar in price but depends where you want to put stuff - if you're an Amazon prime customer you already get photo backup included so that's worth exploring.

otherwise, Google one, Microsoft OneDrive (syncs with Samsung gallery) are the main two I'm looking at but there are of course others.
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
yes I saw the Google One as it recommended that one for so much a month I do have Microsoft One drive but isn't there a limit to that one..
I dunno which is best to use 😬
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I don't think you can really lose either way... I'm leaning towards Google one purely as that's where my other photos are and I currently use gdrive... but I honestly don't perceive there to be any real difference in the low tier options.

with the higher tier / more expensive options you can get Microsoft office applications...but depends what you use
0 Likes
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
yeah i was thinking Google One , yeah will probably have enough a look into it more ... thanks for replying to me 😊
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
additional benefits to both but...

Screenshot_20210301-140801_Chrome_16930.jpg

Screenshot_20210301-140227_OneDrive.jpg

Screenshot_20210301-140236_OneDrive.jpg

0 Likes
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
I see... which is best one you'd go for?
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I will likely go with the 100gb Google One...
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
yeah I think so too , would you pay monthly or yearly?
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
unfortunately the Google offers that were in place offering unlimited photo storage or their 100gb offers have expired and are rarely seen now unless you sign up and get a month free.

truth be told, there are a fair few GOOD services out there to use, if you want reliability and safety, go with a subscription based service you trust.

do you like Google drive etc is it tied into all your devices and main one used for a long time? go with that

ONE storage (microsoft) is good too but personally I've had a lot of backup problems with them and I would steer clear (but that's just me)

Dropbox is another fan favourite, reliable etc but not as openly easy and available for your entire system as Google IMO.

at the end of the day, most things are sub based now and you really got got pick the one that fits your needs the best 👌

edit; just to add. I have chosen Google 100gb option and just let pay via my sim provider. whether I pay 34 or 39 a month makes no difference to me personally and there's never an issue with my card or otherwise