Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google playstore updates and downloads not working on S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 16-12-2021 01:24 PM)
stevanon
Journeyman
Options
Anyone else having this issue? I've tried every suggestion from Google and Samsung. I have a list of updates that will "download" but won't "install" (just comes up with an error saying can't install this app while trying to install).

If anyone has a fix please do let me know!

The only thing I haven't tried is a master rest and getting Samsung to have a look at it.
35 REPLIES 35
AndrewL
Options

@stevanon: Can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache, to see if this helps? If not, can you confirm if the issue is affecting all pending updates, or just certain ones? 

0 Likes
stevanon
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the tip. I have tried clearing chache and data on Google play store and services already.

It seems to affect only apps that are exclusive to the playstore. Apps that are also on the galaxy store will still update and download
0 Likes
stevanon
Journeyman
Options
I have also tried removing my Google account, I cleared some fancy cache in the actual phone but holding down buttons during powering on. I've tried other things aswell but no luck
0 Likes
DannyFreedhorn
Journeyman
Options

I'm facing the exact same situation on my S21 Ultra. Started experiencing it within the last 2 days too. 

stevanon
Journeyman
Options
I'm currently speaking with support and they suggested clearing data on Google store and Google services. I did this (I tried this before already) and it allowed a few of the apps to update. But still left roughly 25 apps needing updates. Waiting on their next response
0 Likes
DannyFreedhorn
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply. Do update what they reply. I managed to get through a few apps too but I can't identify what the correlations are. 

zedman
Journeyman
Options

Yes same here. Have updated the phone, cleared every cache I can find. Deleted and reinstalled apps, rolled back updates and still the same. Have a couple of apps that are now unusable because they force you to update before opening. Really annoying. 

DannyFreedhorn
Journeyman
Options

Update on my end, tried every method suggested, it still failed. Resorted to doing a factory reset and managed to get it to function again. 

To Samsung:
This is not okay. For the play store to suddenly stop working and requiring a factory reset to sort it out is not okay. 

Paavo Lambropoulos
First Poster
Options

I have a same problem. Not able to install new programs into my S21 and/or update any application. Tried to fix this today - used any ways found using google. Only thing I haven't tried is that I haven't reset factory settings to my phone. Setting up factory settings means that I must download all the software to my phone again (because it is managed by my employer)