Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play Store Anomaly

(Topic created on: 30-12-2022 11:01 AM)
jvk
Voyager
Options
Hi,

Can anyone throw any light on why Google System Update seems to be so out of date for my S21 Ultra in UK please? Play Store says it is latest version but it seems not? I'd love to be able to attach relevant screenshot(s) but can't seem to get it to work! Any help, greatly appreciated 🙏 

18 REPLIES 18
FastLaneJB
Journeyman
Options
Exactly. It's like half a year out of date by this point. They do quite a bit with them: https://support.google.com/product-documentation/answer/11412553?hl=en#zippy=%2Cnovember
aBitaBinary
Journeyman
Options
Yes, absolutely. As we see, 2 big probs with ACCOUNT and SECURITY !!!

There are 3rd party apps which "allegedly" check and update your important Google components but I won't trust these tools until I know one is 100% genuine

I can't find a Google-made separate app to check installed components, so, sorry if I'm wrong but, Google need to sort such an app to fix issues like this !!!
0 Likes
aBitaBinary
Journeyman
Options
When you consider how much you pay for your device and how insecure issues like this make your data, it's a poor service indeed !!
0 Likes
aBitaBinary
Journeyman
Options
Can a Google official give us a serious solution to this PLS and do not tell us it's normal ??? 👂
0 Likes
aBitaBinary
Journeyman
Options
And where to download the latest -> "Available through Google Play services v50.22 updated on 12/15/2022" as mentioned ???? Some of the APK's on certain mirror site are dodgy!!!
0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
I'm stuck on October at the minute. December Security patch. Base S21
0 Likes
FastLaneJB
Journeyman
Options
Just got a new update for my Fold 4 main OS. Tells me I should keep the Google Play Services up to date but tells me it is when I check. So stuck with a warning telling me this is insecure....Screenshot_20221230_020516_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
jvk
Voyager
Options
I now have a "suggestion" in Security and Privacy, saying that Google Play Services requires an update. When I tap "update", I get same old message that it is up to date! Obviously, if the phone thinks there is a Security/Privacy issue here then it should be fixed or, at least, addressed urgently? As someone has already commented, for an expensive flagship to be left vulnerable in this way is nothing short of scandalous and I'm also sure that, as much as it pains me to say it, I somewhat doubt that Apple would allow this to continue?
0 Likes
jvk
Voyager
Options
Finally managed to get 1 November 2022 update this morning. Hopefully problem is now resolved...
0 Likes