Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google play services draining my s21 battery

(Topic created on: 14-02-2021 09:39 AM)
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

How can i check what is going on with my background apps?

Screenshot_20210207-180704_Device care.jpg

 too much time google play service is running in background which is causing battery drain during stand by...

Wifi: off, BT:off, nfc: off during sleep at night and 15% battery drop...

Few hours later

Screenshot_20210207-220625_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28
Holair
Journeyman
Options

The next update after february security patch? No update for my phone 😞

0 Likes
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

Screenshot_20210212-094501_Software update.jpg

UK models first i guess?

Holair
Journeyman
Options

Oh, you have S21 Ultra. It's a february update with a bug everyone talks about. There were no reports S21 Ultra users have battery drain problem. It looks like Google Play Services is not the one to blame. Problem is in modem firmware and for S21 only, not S21+ or Ultra.

0 Likes
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

nope, mine is not ultra the screenshot is from another topic. mine is s21 clean and i got the update.

Holair
Journeyman
Options

Oh well, have to wait then. I just opened a link from the screenshot https://doc.samsungmobile.com/sm-g998b/btu/doc.html and there is no info about AUB6 update. AUB3 (buggy one) is the last one there. Seems like they didn't make it in time to add info there.

0 Likes
-eMeM-
Explorer
Options

Hope so they will fix battery problem as soon as possible.

0 Likes
Andershow
First Poster
Options

Did you had any luck with that? I'm having the same issue, I need to charge my battery 3 times a day because Google Play Service is draining it! Already tried wiping cache, disabling services and nothing works!

0 Likes
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

After updating the device no more battery issues

0 Likes
Andershow
First Poster
Options

*****... Mine is already up to date and the battery is like crazy! Google Play Services consumed 30% of my battery, Galaxy Buds Live Plugin consumed more than 20%! In 10 hours my battery went from 100% to 20%, with only 1 hour of screen on time.

0 Likes