Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google play services draining my s21 battery

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 07:05 PM)
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

How can i check what is going on with my background apps?

Screenshot_20210207-180704_Device care.jpg

 too much time google play service is running in background which is causing battery drain during stand by...

Wifi: off, BT:off, nfc: off during sleep at night and 15% battery drop...

Few hours later

Screenshot_20210207-220625_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
is it updating apps ? if you sync all your apps from previous phone then you could have 50 or 60 apps that need to update to support android 11... and S21.

I did this the first time and it took quite a while... but after seeing overheating issues I factory reset and installed all the apps again manually.

Google play is expected to sit in the background... mine says 8 hours in background but only using 1.5% of overall battery.

yours has more percentage that tells me it is doing something in the background such as installing apps.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

It is not updating anything... device is 3 days old... and all apps were updated first day... restarted device, cleared app cache, wiped partition cache from recovery but still battery drain..

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
You can fix this by turning off auto-sync for various accounts in setting which it can save battery and clear the data of google play service. Turn off location services so google play service doesn't use in the background.
0 Likes
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

Its so weird to turn off location or auto sync... ill give a try

0 Likes
jaro76
Navigator
Options
after my initial setup, i've set alot of my apps not use data or run in the background when they re not in use.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
do you share location with any friends via Google maps or do you have the timeline on Google maps turned on, I have both on and I have noticed when I go in the car or go for walk Google play service shoots up
0 Likes
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

I don't share my location with anyobe... this is happening in standby (sleeping)

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
weird hopefully someone will shed some light on it
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

turned off location and account sync and feels better but it's stupid to have smartphone without auto syncing... will give a try different approaches like:

• turn on location without auto sync
  • turn on sync without location

maybe i can find what is causing problems with battery drain ...

0 Likes