Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play £150 promotion

(Topic created on: 27-04-2021 06:47 PM)
Don G
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I have a question related to current Samsung promotion where £150 Google Play voucher can be claimed with Galaxy phones.

I just bought two s21 phones (for myself and my wife) in two separate orders but both in my name. Can my wife claim this promotion even though receipt (email order confirmation) is in my name? Or can I claim it twice as two separate claims? I tried to ring support but they are closed for the day I figured maybe here someone knows. Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Don G: I've had a look into this for you, and the terms and conditions state that participants can submit a maximum of 1 claim per individual, and 4 claims per household. With this in mind you and your wife will be able to submit a claim, but it won't be possible to submit 2 claims in your name. I hope this helps. 

https://20203.samsungpromotions.claims/googleplay/en-GB/terms

Don G
Journeyman
Options

Thank you, really appreciate swift response. If my wife can claim it despite my name being on the order proof I'm happy, don't really need to have double promotion applied to my account just wandered what my options are. 

Solution
user2000
Explorer
Options

Hi @Don G , did you manage to claim your 2 x vouchers ok?

Reason I ask is that my wife has the credit card so both our phones were bought, separately, on separate email addressed, but I fear I may have stupidly claimed for both in her name (even though the mobile number and email addresses given were different).

Result is that her claim was validated almost instantly, yet mine did not, I only received the "get back to you within 7 days" email.

I wonder if @AndrewL  can confirm if there is any appeals process should my voucher not go through, or should I just claim again in my name, even though my wifes name is on the invoice.

Clearly she did not buy 2 S21 Ultra's for herself! 

The £150 promo was a big draw for buying the phone, I didn't really need an upgrade so if this doesn't go through I would certainly think about having to send the handset back within the 30 days allowed.

0 Likes
Don G
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I've filled two separate claims - one in my name with my email address etc and another one in my wife's name with her info.

Both of our phones were bought in my name and in my name as delivery recipient. I think we got confirmation within a day that both claims were approved and accepted and now we have to wait up to 30 days for actual Google Play codes. 

0 Likes
user2000
Explorer
Options

OK thanks.  I feel I've made a boob by using her name in both claims, hopefully this can be rectified easily if my claim comes back rejected because of the one person claim rule.

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

If you do need to contact the Promotions Team for more help with this, you can contact them here:
https://20203.samsungpromotions.claims/googleplay/en-GB/support/contact

Or on  0330 054 0221. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
user2000
Explorer
Options

Just as an update, I had nothing to worry about, the confirmation came through after a couple of days (although not like the first one which had been accepted automatically).

I'm sure the different mobile number and email address was enough to satisfy the manual check (if there was one) despite the name being the same.

0 Likes