Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google photos back up. Help

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 08:05 PM)
MDaiana
Navigator
Options
I have the new Samsung Galaxy S21, not happy at all to say that but however. I don't want that my photos to sync in Google Photos anymore so I turned the back up/sync off but they are still going on there. Any help? I will appreciate it.
I'm not very good at it.

23 REPLIES 23
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
it's proper baffled me this one, maybe have a chat with Google tomorrow about it. worst case you could force stop the app or just remove it for the time being
MDaiana
Navigator
Options
thanks for your help. Appreciate it🙌
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
no problem if you sort it or need to ask anything else about it just let me know on here 👍🙂
Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options
I'm not trying to be cheeky so please don't take this the wrong way, but are you 100% sure that they're actually being uploaded to Google? With backup switched off, the Google Photos app will still show the photos that are stored on your phone, even if they're not on the Google server. I have backup turned off and I know that new photos are not backed up to my Google photos account (accessed from laptop just now to check), but the app still shows photos that I took today.
MDaiana
Navigator
Options
So, I transferred everything from my old device to the new one (while Google photos back up beeing turned off) and I have all the photos including the ones took today on my new phone. How is that possible?
MDaiana
Navigator
Options
Wait. You could be right, because if I transferred everything including the gallery photos that means I will have them on google photos as well on the new device. I will try tomorrow on a laptop to see exactly. I will let you know. Thank you
Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options
Yes, try checking your Google photos account on another device, because the app on your phone will combine the photos in your Google account AND the photos that are only stored on your phone. Good luck, looking forward to hearing how you get on. 👍
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
that all makes sense now!
0 Likes
MDaiana
Navigator
Options
You are right! thank you for your help🙏
Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options
Good news, glad I was able to help. I hope you're getting a bit happier with your S21 now as well!