Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google pay

(Topic created on: 29-08-2021 06:43 PM)
Carlos22
Pioneer
Options
On my s21+ when I swipe up the Samsung pay app appears. Is it possible to change this so when I swipe up I get Google pay come up instead. Thankyou 
9 REPLIES 9
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
With Google pay you don't need to swipe up to use it. You just unlock your phone and tap. So if you wanted to use Google pay you would have to download it. As for the Samsung pay you can either uninstall it, or just set Google pay to your default.
Carlos22
Pioneer
Options
Thankyou, so I don't need to open the Google pay app? And is this the same with my galaxy watch 4 classic? Thankyou
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Yes you don't need to open the Google app. Just unlock phone and tap. As for the watch 4 I haven't tried it on the watch. I have read that it isn't working on the watch yet. You can install the app, put your card details in, but it's not working if you go to use it. So hopefully that will be fixed soon.
Carlos22
Pioneer
Options
Thankyou Fiona, appreciate your help
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
With Google Pay you don't even need to unlock your phone you just wake the screen with the watch 4 I'd suggest setting it so double tapping the home button opens Google Pay
Carlos22
Pioneer
Options
Thankyou
PhilX
Apprentice
Options
I would still like to swipe up for another app that is not samsung pay.
ktkoch1987
First Poster
Options

Me too. Anyone know if it is possible to switch the swipe up feature to open Google (or other) Pay instead of Samsung pay?

0 Likes
Rokido
First Poster
Options

I'm also looking for a way to change the swipe-up quick access app to something other than Samsung pay 

0 Likes