Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Google Pay suddenly not working

(Topic created on: 09-12-2021 04:39 PM)
davidtj
Apprentice
Options

This morning for no reason Google Pay  says "Your device doesnt meet security standards" - Ive been through everything and nothing fixes it. There was an update yesterday AM but I have used since. Any Ideas?

24 REPLIES 24
Nono0911
Apprentice
Options

i have a S21 ultra 5 G ; i realised as well google pay not working. contacted support of samsung they did not even seem to be aware of the issue. i got a message of error that my device may have been 'modified' or something about 'root' changed

i uninstalled and installed again the app but same issue

Piotrek_123
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem today. Samsung support doesn't help me.

But I found another solution on my local polish forum and it works for me:

1. Clear cache/data for Google Play Services

2. Settings -> Biometrics and security -> Other Security Settings -> Clear credentials

After that Google Pay starts working but I have to add my cards again.

steve0
Voyager
Options

same here google pay not working

android 12 g998bxxu3bukg 

1 november 2021 security patch

0 Likes
MagnumSeven
First Poster
Options

Same problem, it says that my phone must be running unsecure software. Everything is installed from the playstore. Nothing has been changed on my phone except that new security update.

cooldoc
First Poster
Options
same problem here, noticed since yesterday. I am still on november update.
0 Likes
Solution
Athantor
First Poster
Options

Yep, same here (G991BXXS3BUL1).

After uninstalling Google Play Services updates (Settings → apps → search → „play” → three dots → uninstall updates) and restarting the device (important!) Google Pay works again.

davidtj
Apprentice
Options

Thanks that does the trick it says that you also need a backup to Google Drive. Hit Ok and message goes away, not sure if its doing anything in b/ground. But this solution seems to do the trick. 

0 Likes
ZlatkoS21
Student
Options

I do that steps, but after that i lose my card and add it again , contacting bank... 

After that Google Pay working. 

0 Likes
Quakershaker
Apprentice
Options

I have had the same, got this same message out of the blue while trying to pay for groceries in UK, maybe its down to the recent small firmware update to improve the performance of my device (S21 Ultra) but never had anything like this. Have tried uninstall and reinstall of google pay app but still same issue.

0 Likes
Quakershaker
Apprentice
Options
I too had same issue today while trying to pay for groceries (UK) and couldn't! This has come out of nowhere, night be to latest firmware (small) update few days ago. Samsung please sorry this issue as I have seen many complaining of the same issue!!
0 Likes