Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pay stopped working

(Topic created on: 15-08-2022 11:42 PM)
DavidGlass
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

So after the July update, my Google Pay app stopped working. It now tells me my phone "does not meet the security requirements" and that "it may be rooted or running uncertified software". Of course, neither of those is true. It is a standard Samsung-supplied OS with no mods. Also, in Google Play Store, under "Play Protect certification" it tells me my device is not certified.

I will say that this has happened before. Several months ago it happened and I spent a bunch of time with Google and Samsung support, but it fixed itself after another update came out. Unfortunately, the August update hasn't fixed it this time, and this is becoming a real problem for me now.

Does anyone else have the same issue or have a fix? I'm starting to think I may need to get a new phone and move away from Samsung.

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Shazzie1
First Poster
Options

Hi all , this may help you, I opened Google pay deleted my bankcards and reinstalled cards again ,hey presto Google pay is working again 

Good luck hope this works for you 

0 Likes
Members_BShyDYA
First Poster
Options

I'm having exactly the same problem stopped working in Dec,  next update fixed then another update and its stopped for good. 

I've even put my phone back to factory settings but still unable to use. 

The only thing I can think of is I bought my phone from mobile phones direct and when it arrived it was opened and a sticker says this phone is European model with UK firmware installed. Maybe that has unistalled itself and now the phone thinks it's in Europe . Also Netflix no longer is in my play store now either. 

0 Likes
virgil2345
First Poster
Options
Yes my google pay has stopped working same as all the rest it says everything is fine but not working all started when got update from Samsung. Definitely something they have done and will not take responsibility for.
0 Likes
DadiJus
First Poster
Options
I'm having exactly the same problem stopped working . Give as opportunities to swap mobile. Set on list all Samsung model that we can as value customers, if you think we are, exchange for new Samsung or we have to move to iPhones
0 Likes