Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google pay on S21 Ultra Android 12 not working

(Topic created on: 20-10-2021 03:12 AM)
Organum
Explorer
Options

Since updating to Android 12 as released by Samsung Google Pay has stopped working. Samsung Pay works though.

Is this a deliberate ploy to get us to switch or is there a fix?

20 REPLIES 20
martyn68
Explorer
Options
Yes I agree and I prefer to use Google pay, as I use this where I can. Classic4 watch has the same issue
Organum
Explorer
Options

It seems this is a known problem due to this version not being signed for release as it is a beta. 

Sadly Samsung support doesn't know this as I asked specifically yesterday and was going to do a full reset as recommended. I'm glad I delved more into this.

0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
Since it is beta software it isn't verified with Google so it doesn't pass the safetynet test that Google enforces to allow Google play and other services to work properly...

This has been the case on every beta.

It is not a deliberate ploy as you mentioned. It is just that the way that Samsung pay determines your phone is secure enough for Samsung pay is different to the way Google does.

The "issue" will be resolved once stable OneUI 4.0 is approved to Google and allows the device to be certified.
0 Likes
Organum
Explorer
Options

Understand, but the very nature of a beta is to test with apps and in this case Google’s own app on Google’s own operating system. 

_Jonno
Voyager
Options
There's technicalities that come with beta testing specially with Android and if people don't understand it they shouldn't test beta software
0 Likes
Organum
Explorer
Options
When is a beta not a beta. This now seems clear. You can either test or not test and I am surprised you and Google take these excuses. I have run alpha and beta programs.
This thread is ended.
Organum
Explorer
Options
I have restored Android 11 and Google Pay returns. Deep joy.
When is a beta not a beta? When it's an Android beta!
0 Likes
RebecaMontiel
First Poster
Options

It's supposedly not beta anymore and google pay continues to not work for me. I've had to temporarily switch to Samsung pay and I hate it here. Please fix this!

Thomaspetrovic_
Apprentice
Options

I'm also having this problem... 

0 Likes