Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google pay fix for Android 12

(Topic created on: 10-12-2021 08:59 AM)
GooseSnipe
Voyager
Options
OK, so I have another update, managed to find a fix on another thread, open settings, apps, Google play services, 3 dot menu, uninstall updates, it will say are you sure you want to replace this app with the factory default, select yes, leave it 5 or 10 mins, open Google pay, your cards will be gone, re-add them and it will work fine afterwards, the message not set up has gone and no strike out through the icon.

8 REPLIES 8
Marshalney
Journeyman
Options
Brilliant, works perfectly. Online Samsung help were clueless when I asked them.
ChiefBrody
First Poster
Options
Works a treat. Thanks for the heads up. 👍
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
Does "uninstall updates" effect anything else? I'm a bit dubious about uninstalling something when I don't know what it's going to do?
0 Likes
GooseSnipe
Voyager
Options
Nope, I've had no other issues with any other app, and it updates again as soon as you open Google pay, my guess is it got corrupted or something like that with the Android 12 update, so you are just removing the updates back to factory defaults and reinstalling it.
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
Nice one mate. I didn't realise just how much I've come to rely on Google pay, especially through the week when I'm working. So much easier pulling my phone out of my pocket than rummaging around my backpack looking for my wallet. I'll do this tomorrow. Thank you 👍
0 Likes
Lorenzo Fesler
First Poster
Options

Awesome fix! Haven't had to mess with this since being rooted a year ago. Totally forgot about the simple stuff since it hasn't been needed. LOL

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Members_9fgWsVX
First Poster
Options

If  you do not need to use Google Pay  as a matter of urgency it may be worth waiting a day or two before changing anything on your phone. I had the problem yesterday  (21+ phone) and didn't get around to doing anything to try to fix it. 24 hours later, it is working once more. Like magic. I need to check if something installed overnight.

0 Likes
Google pay on S21
First Poster
Options

Yeah Mon! Flawless! This solution works  like a Tropical home remedy..  Appreciate it! Blessings!

0 Likes