Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google chrome & Adroid web view updates

(Topic created on: 28-03-2021 12:26 PM)
jinnie
Apprentice
Options
I have not been able to update Google chrome or android Web view for some time now, has anyone else had the same problem and find a way of getting them updated. I have looked on Google search engine but wary of scammers and bad advice that could damage my mobile or give a virus.
Does Samsung have a solution?
Does anyone have a solution? 
I have tried updating all then restarting mobile then tried again. I have emptied cache still no luck
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Please try these steps which u will find in ur members app notification. I have taken screenshot.

Screenshot_20210328-125759_Samsung Members.jpg

Screenshot_20210328-125747_Samsung Members.jpg

0 Likes
jinnie
Apprentice
Options
I have tried your suggestions my phone was bought new last year, it still does not update, neither does Google Chrome. 😔
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Have u tired to uninstall both the app ?
0 Likes
jinnie
Apprentice
Options
I thought about doing that, but was not sure it was the right thing to do as they were pre-installed when I bought the mobile, and would harm the system, what do you think, have you done that as well before and it was OK.
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
I never had a problem. U can search on the members app and see if others members mentioned it. I remember Samsung members saying it work. Plus their a link to download the app.
0 Likes
jinnie
Apprentice
Options
thanks
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
You can't harm the system in anyway, you don't have the necessary permissions to uninstall or change any integral settings that could harm the device. You would need to root the device and have custom firmware installed to do any of that. So don't worry about that.
Try uninstalling the app, then installing/updating it like that.
0 Likes
jinnie
Apprentice
Options
thanks for the confidence to do that, 😊
0 Likes
jinnie
Apprentice
Options
if anybody else is having this problem, I have found what is causing the apps to stop updating. if you use Samsung Internet browsing as its default setting, it stops Google Chrome and Android system web view from updating, in Apps I changed the default setting to Chrome browser default, restarted the mobile then I was able to do the updates 🙄 i hope this helps other people
0 Likes