Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail notifications- no sound!

(Topic created on: 11-09-2021 07:26 PM)
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
For about the last 6 months,  my gmail will not play notification sounds unless I open it. This seems to be a bit pointless as I can see new emails because I've opened the app! Not a perfect fix, but I've sort of got around this by installing another email app. It's FULL of ads but I never use it,  just use it for the notification sounds.  Anyone else having this problem?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
This has happened to me in the past and I found this to be the solution for me, hope it works for you too...

1. In Android settings search "Optimize battery usage"

2. At the top, change the view to All apps

3. UNCHECK Gmail (when blue goes away)

woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
I've tried that, along with all the other "solutions " on YouTube, Google etc but none of them work. ☹ Thanks though!
Kingfisher344
Navigator
Options
TBH Why are you still using Gmail. There are way better email apps out there. Including the Samsung stock email client. Also, if you check on Google Play, there are many negative reviews on there. Just because it came with the phone, doesn't mean it is the best option.
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
'Just downloaded the Samsung email app so I'll see if that gives me notification sounds. Thanks 👍
0 Likes
Kingfisher344
Navigator
Options
Any joy with Samsung email?
0 Likes
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
Well, I've installed it but can't comment yet as I've not had any emails today! I must say though, that it doesn't seem to load saved emails very quickly compared to Gmail.
0 Likes