Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery totally wiped???

(Topic created on: 23-11-2021 07:25 PM)
Members_Psc0v2Q
First Poster
Options

My storage has been almost full for a while as Google is really slowly backing up

I was taking photos today using the single take feature and got a notification that there wasn't enough storage.

Next thing my gallery goes from 9'000 photos/videos to 10

They aren't in recycle bin, aren't backed up to Google (some of them are there as Thumbnail, but go black when opened) Not showing in dcim and I now have 30gb of free space

I am devastated, there are photos of my children's birthdays, first day at nursery, Halloween, holidays. Lots of photos for work

Can anyone advise is there any way to recover and how on earth this is possible???

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Have you looked in
The My Files app
Recents
Images
Click on the three horizontal
Dots top right And check
Recycle bin and see if
Anything is listed there

You could also try

Go to the file manager
and find the folder
containing nomedia file
When you have found the file, rename the file to any name you like
Then restart the device,
And see if images
Are in the gallery
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_Psc0v2Q: I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. What I'd suggest is connecting to Wi-Fi or Mobile Data, then swipe up from your Home Screen > Google (folder) > Photos, as you should find an archive of your images and videos stored here. Let me know if this helps.

0 Likes
bhfragidr
First Poster
Options
Lol
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
I found this page
That maybe helpful

Pictures in the My Files app are missing from the Gallery app

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001310/
0 Likes
Members_Psc0v2Q
First Poster
Options

Thanks, they aren't there. 30gb of space has freed up so they aren't on the phone anymore. Appreciate the suggestion though

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Check google photos app.. maybe they are there.

As if you backup in Google it let's you wipe them off the phones once they have been uploaded.
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Is photos linked to onedrive like it is on S20FE5G, if so go online and check as should get 30 days in recycle bin.

It is advisable to always move photos you want to keep into an album or other folder as if kept in camera roll and they get deleted they get removed from cloud storage as well.
Also if you have Amazon Prime install Amazon photos to get unlimited backup as well.
I also unlinked my Samsung account from Microsoft to ensure I never had this problem again as I lost quite a few photos because of how it gets setup.
0 Likes
Members_Psc0v2Q
First Poster
Options

Thanks, some are showing as thumbnails in Google but haven't backed up so aren't actually there when you click

0 Likes
Members_Psc0v2Q
First Poster
Options

There's nothing in recycle bin, nothing in hidden files. They are definitely gone from the phone as there's now so much free space.

I'm pretty annoyed too I pay £7.99 a month to Google for storage but it's been so slow that it isn't backed up

0 Likes