Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery totally wiped???

(Topic created on: 24-11-2021 07:29 PM)
Members_Psc0v2Q
First Poster
Options

My storage has been almost full for a while as Google is really slowly backing up

I was taking photos today using the single take feature and got a notification that there wasn't enough storage.

Next thing my gallery goes from 9'000 photos/videos to 10

They aren't in recycle bin, aren't backed up to Google (some of them are there as Thumbnail, but go black when opened) Not showing in dcim and I now have 30gb of free space

I am devastated, there are photos of my children's birthdays, first day at nursery, Halloween, holidays. Lots of photos for work

Can anyone advise is there any way to recover and how on earth this is possible???

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Members_Psc0v2Q
First Poster
Options

They can just delete pics with no warning?

I pay extra for Google storage but it hasn't worked properly since I got this phone a few months ago, so only 1/20 pic is actually backed up and it's backing up screenshot and other things I don't want too, when it's not set to do so.

0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
If in camera roll, your pictures will get deleted from all sources especially if you clean up files, etc.
I don't use Google for backup after they removed free unlimited high quality backup and not paying them for extra storage.
I get unlimited photo storage at original quality with Amazon photos (part of prime membership) and 1tb (with ability to use 6tb) storage with Microsoft Office 365
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
I paid £50 for Office 365 6 user plan as was cheaper than individual plan and get 1tb per user I setup, so have potential to use 6tb at under £5 per user for a year.
I used to have Google storage but ditched it in favour of Amazon and Microsoft as both better value for money
0 Likes
Members_Psc0v2Q
First Poster
Options

Yeah I refuse to support amazon let alone tie myself into using them

0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Have you looked at office 365 family plans? Works out cheaper than paying Google for storage and you get office apps included.
0 Likes
Nothappywithproduct
First Poster
Options

Hi there, I am sorry to hear about your issue losing your photos.

I also had the exact same experience, 4 years of photos gone. Samsung tech was helpful but the photos were permanently removed. Google photos also had sunk with the phone and everything was gone from the cloud also.

Both Samsung and Google implied that I had removed the photos however it was the phone itself that did it.

Seems strange that this appears to be an issue with the product however there is very little information on line about it and no way to rectify the problem despite the fact I am sure Samsung and Google are aware that you and I are probably not the only people on this planet that have experienced this sudden loss of data?

0 Likes
Nils Westerlund
Apprentice
Options

The reply from Samsung tech support is non-sense. They closed down the gallery synch October/November 2021. They sent some alerts to the holders of Samsung Cloud accounts  via e-mails. They never asked for a reading receipt --- so many users know nothing and have got their galleries wiped out. Saving money and costs for storage is more important for Samsung than customer satisfaction. You can probably find a backup of your mobile in the Samsung cloud, created the same day they closed the gallery synch. However, Samsung did not save the gallery data. Your photos are forever gone.

0 Likes