Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery permissions

(Topic created on: 24-01-2021 05:32 AM)
Chicken_SoC
First Poster
Options

So I've been noticing a bug on my Galaxy S21 Ultra where when i open the gallery app it would often prompt me to open settings and grant it the permission to access files on my device when it has already been granted. If I click cancel, the gallery closes and when i re-launch it it would open fine. Just wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing this? And how do i fix this? My device is an international variant on the lastest firmware

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You could try clearing the cache of the app @Chicken_SoC 

Settings, apps, gallery, storage, clear cache.

How are you finding the Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra ?

I'm impressed you have one before the launch date ! How did you come by one from another country may I ask ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
People have been getting the s21 for a few days now, some even last week

Mine is coming today, getting it from Samsung
0 Likes
jbevuk
First Poster
Options
Mines just started doing this.
0 Likes
Madman6505
Apprentice
Options

Did you ever figure this out? I just got an S21 ultra and have the same issue. Thanks! 

0 Likes
thebrendancarr
First Poster
Options

I just got mine yesterday and it does this. It's really aggravating!

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey all, 

if this is still happening after updating all the apps and restarting the phone, please send in an error report in the Samsung Members app, so our engineers can get a better understanding of this.

To do this, head into the Samsung Members app > Get help > Error reports > Others > Fill out this form. Once this is sent off, our colleagues will get in touch with more information once an engineer reviews your query.

0 Likes
thebrendancarr
First Poster
Options

So in my case, it was after a migration from an S10+ using the Samsung smart switch software. I went into app settings, revoked the permissions for files and media, re-applied it, and it seems to have solved the issue. The only thing I can think of is perhaps the app permissions during transfer were not applied correctly. I have tested it through closing all apps again, and through restarting, and it has not reoccurred yet.

0 Likes
rez018
First Poster
Options

same issue here with s20 FE

0 Likes