What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery closing

(Topic created on: 22-03-2022 05:50 AM)
Options
Since updating to android 12 when I open the gallery and start scrolling it crashes time and time again...anyone else having these issues 
17 REPLIES 17
s10e_User
First Poster
Options
Update.
If the gallery app doesn't browse through the DJI album it doesn't crash when scrolling. Choose the albums tab you want rather than the entire collection on your phone.

I can scroll through 1000's from the camera album with no problem. The DJI album always crashes and any album that includes the DJI album crashes also.
So not fixed but I can still find a picture from a few years ago now by browsing/scrolling through just one album.
0 Likes
FlyHigh111
Apprentice
Options

I think you've got it. I have Fly installed, and it's around those images (a big group in January 2021 for example) that it crashes, every time. Next time DJI updates Fly .... have to manually check for update often because it still isn't in the App store and so is not auto-checked  .....  I'll see if the error persists when I uninstall the old version.  I always uninstall and reinstall since I'm doing the update manually anyway.  And will report back here. Well done. Thanks.

0 Likes
s10e_User
First Poster
Options
Glad to hear. My solution was to hide the DJI album in the gallery app so I can't include it accidentally and just use DJI Fly to browse the drone images. I suspect the gallery crash is related to the metadata associated with the file and I don't expect that Fly updates will make it right unfortunately, but I look forward to being corrected.
0 Likes
s10e_User
First Poster
Options
Update 05/04/2022
Got updated to OneUI 4.1 today.
Gallery problem fixed.
Gallery version 13.1.03.6
0 Likes
FlyHigh111
Apprentice
Options

That is great news, thanks for updating. I can't update to 4.1 at the moment as it's about a GB and I'm stuck in a bad signal area (and no wifi options around either) so I'll have to wait. I'll report back when I've done it, hopefully saying my gallery issue is also fixed. Many thanks.

FlyHigh111
Apprentice
Options

All done.  4.1 did it.  Tks again.

Woodlands
First Poster
Options

Having same problem with my S10e ... likely since one of the last updates.. one just occurred a few nights ago.  Any solution found?

0 Likes
Woodlands
First Poster
Options

Having same problem.  Noticed it recently so likely tied to a recent update.  Have you found a solution?

0 Likes