That's unusual, but I'd like you to try a few steps to get it working again. To begin with, head into Settings > Apps > Gallery > Storage > Clear cache. If this doesn't help, I'd like you to perform a Soft Reset by holding the Power and Volume Down buttons for around 10 seconds. It won't delete any personal data, but it will reboot your phone.
Ive updated to Android 12 and my Gallery is working fine.
Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.
The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help.
@eyeintheskyswdrone: Can you try opening the Gallery app > Tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Settings > Full Screen Scrolling, and enable this feature to see if this helps? If it is already enabled, toggle it off to see if you notice an improvement. Now, head to Settings > Display > Motion Smoothness > Adaptive > Apply. Let me know how you get on.
How? i.e. what worked?
I have tried:
1. Soft reset (restart)
2. Deleted Gallery cache. Deleted Gallery data
3. Uninstalled/reinstalled 'Android System WebView' (with updates)
4. Deleted system cache ('Wipe Cache Partition' using Recovery Mode)
5. Toggled 'Full Screen Scrolling' i.e. Enable/Disable
6. Booted to Safe Mode. Tried from there. Gallery crashes exactly the same as when not in Safe Mode.
7. My phone, S10+ running Android 12 doesn't show: Settings > Display > Motion Smoothness > Adaptive > so I can't do that.
Gallery crashes as soon as I scroll. If I scroll *really* slowly, I can extend the time until it crashes, but it will still always have crashed by the time I try to sneak back to the images I want, January 2021.
I'm out of options, short of a hard reset, which I'm trying to avoid having to do.