Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s21ultra cler view case.

(Topic created on: 14-02-2021 01:24 PM)
Itsme2
Explorer
Options
Had my Galaxy s21ultra with a Samsung clear view case for six days and noticed that cover rubs the screen and scratches it .
Not very good for something that's supposed to protect it. ☹
10 REPLIES 10
Toaster
First Poster
Options
call them and demand replacement phone shocking 😒😑
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

You have the one with the S-Pen ?   

I have used this for a couple weeks... I have a couple of marks but these are on the screen protector.  You know you have a screen protector on the display ?   When the phone was sold there was a first layer which was a protective transport layer...then a screen protector which is a thicker material... and then the display. 

The display is gorilla glass victus to 7H standard... so I very much doubt a plastic cover will cause damage to the screen.  I would check first that it isn't just the protector.  

I would also expect the screen protector to get marks from time to time... you can always replace this...

Kind regards

Smiley

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Itsme2
Explorer
Options
I do know it's got the screen protector which has rub marks corresponding to the marks on the clear view panel. I do a lot of walking and it obviously rubs. so it going back as not suitable for purpose.
0 Likes
Itsme2
Explorer
Options
the case is going back. the phone is great. it's just a bit rubbed on the screen saver.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Ok, that makes more sense that the case has marked the thin plastic screen protector and not the gorilla glass screen ? The protector can always be replaced.

I guess if you are not happy with the case then that sounds like a reasonable action to send it back.

I absolutely love my clear view case with s-pen... I think it looks classy... but I do have a couple of minor rub marks as well. I am sure all cases that has the possible friction of two surfaces will make a mark on the plastic screen protection.

Regards
Smiley.
- Smiley

Itsme2
Explorer
Options
it's not the s pen one. I do like how the screen works with it.
Just not practical for my use I think.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I managed to scratch my screen protector with my fingernail . nice gesture of Samsung to provide a screen protector but i wander why they gone so cheap on this one too ??? they should have install a proper screen protector. this makes me asking myself where else Samsung was cutting the costs????
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

The past few releases of Galaxy phone have been supplied with a free screen protector, although prior to S10 there never was one.   Personally I think this is a nice touch by Samsung and not a cost saving and it has always been a film type.   Other than a transport protector that you remove before usage, you don't get a free screen protector with any other manufacturer phone as far as I am aware.   So this is a nice touch... 

If preferred, you could remove it, buy a better quality one and replace it.  or many people prefer the touch of real glass, so go with the risk.  You might get some micro scratches over time, but this is 7H hardness glass, so should not scratch apart from in the case of severe scratches.     

I bought this clearview cover, as it gives some extra protection against drops and hope it will cover the screen.   Also I made the choice to buy the 2 year Samsung insurance this time around on such an expensive piece of kit, and whilst it was cheaper (£127 instead of £159).  A little extra piece of mind in case of drop damage.  

If choosing to replace the protector then I would recommend the dome glass if you want best protection, although this comes at a high cost of around £50.  !   Most of the others are pretty rubbish to be honest, unless you just want a film for scratch reasons rather than full protection.  Also some are not very compatible with touch fingerprints, so choose wisely. 

- Smiley

Bamby2291
Journeyman
Options
I had original samsung cases from the s10 and everyone of them I would give one star they good at first then give a few months you can notice the poor quality
sorry samsung you really need to look at the quality