Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy s21 - why i won't be buying - no charger, no headphone jack, and less ram

(Topic created on: 16-02-2021 04:34 PM)
Rt3
Journeyman
Options

I shall not be buying a phone for £800 plus that doesnt come with a charger and only the cable. I wont be buying a phone thst comes with wireless Bluetooth connection only for headphones. My wife likes to listen to music all the time and with wireless earbuds you can't has you have to take them out to charge. Also this phone as less ram than the s20 series. So some explain why i should be interested in this phone. By the way this why i dont buy apples i phones either.

14 REPLIES 14
WalterFox
Navigator
Options
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
not spilling the truth 💀💀
Rt3
Journeyman
Options
im doing lots of research at the min im just hoping samsung start thinking for thenselfs rather than copying apple.
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I have a anker wireless charger... all of my android phones came with wireless charging.... I'm just amazed at how many chargers I have collected over the last 25 years
ghosty
Voyager
Options
the s21 is not the phone for you, nor is the s20 since that has no headphone jack either.
maybe an a71 that one has a headphone jack and a charger I think, that might be better for you..
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes or A51 5g because that has lots of RAM and a heaphone jack. Speaking as domeone who uses an A51 5g I can definitely say I couldn't be happier with it. 10/10 recommend.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I actually agree that it's a waste and I'm glad they done it but it took me a while to come around to it.

I have a drawer of cables and countless plugs and once I started to try empty out what I didn't need, about 80% of it was unneeded.

I saw a good video showing how this could go wrong though. The combined packaging of a cable, plug and the phone amount to far more plastic waste and carbon footprint than if they just shipped it included in the box. Totally agree. Also the video talked about when it comes time to sell your old phone, the people buying the phones usually expect the charger and cable to come with it.

So 2 things I'd say. Samsung should start to offer these things in the box as a choice to people who don't have either (but not for free) to eliminate the problem multiple packages/deliveries would cause in this situation.

Secondly people should realise that whilst faster charging is cool and all, it will deminish your battery much faster and I recon most people don't need it. I use a slow charger on purpose because during the night why would superfast charging or fast charging be required? Wireless charging is also very inefficient so I hope portless phones don't become a thing.

Just use your old plugs and cables if you don't want to spend extra which is what I've done.

We can't expect companies to do everything to combat excess waste, consumers need to take responsibility as well by not expecting sellers of second hand phones to provide charging cables and plugs and they should keep what they have to maximise the lifespan of their chargers and cables (to a point).

Also, Apple needs to give up on their stupid lightning cable.
0 Likes
Rt3
Journeyman
Options
i thinking of seeing what phones are out next year and see if there any better than my s10plus.
KellyW93
Explorer
Options
honestly the phone isn't that great anyway. I swapped my Huawei mate 20 Pro for the S21 Ultra and regret it! this phone has so many things wrong with it and things that won't work properly it's an absolute pain