Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 update problem - possible lawsuit?

(Topic created on: 16-12-2021 07:10 AM)
S21user2021
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

after the latest update from Samsung I too have number of problems including Google Pay stopped working, irregular notification behaviour etc. The official Samsung support in my country says that I have to bring the phone for a check which, we all know, will not solve anything. Also, It's a company phone and I can't do without it for an hour, not "few days" as they suggested. Replacement phone (while mine is being checked) is not an option.

It's obvious that Samsung don't care for their customers enough, neither are they planning to solve the update problem soon (there are no official comments on the worldwide update problem from Samsung anywhere on international forums). Therefore, as the only option, I see a lawsuit against Samsung. If there is a big enough interest in it, I think that together we can make a difference. Please, let me know what you think.

Cheers.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
I'm not employed by samsung
Just a helpful member
Yes there are and have been
A few issues witth the android 12 update the good news is there are some update fixes which will address the issues with the update keep an eye out for updates which hopefully will address these issues 😀
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Google Pay stopped working because Google need to certify the Android 12 update. I don't know what the current status is but I don't see that as a Samsung problem where they are at fault. I don't know anything about irregular notifications. I have no issues, can you elaborate? What is the worldwide Samsung problem you refer to?
Peggers
Student
Options
My gpay isn't working still security issues apperantly. I've heard it only affects the people who installed beta! Could do with another update to fix this.
0 Likes
ronnie12
Explorer
Options
Loads wrong with mine and Samsung couldn't care less
0 Likes
Alfsdad
Voyager
Options
Google Pay didn't function within the Beta Software. I was one of the Beta Testers for the S21. Now that Samsung have released their Formal OneUI4 Android 12 update it works ok. It started working once the Beta Software was withdrawn.
0 Likes
S21user2021
First Poster
Options

Hi, first of all, sorry but it sounds funny that some Google products (GPay for example) stopped working while "Google is certifying" it's own product? And if it is the usual way things go, Samsung should be aware of it and not offer users to install updates that can destroy functions of their phones.

Irregular notifications: after the mentioned update some notifications are silent, even when phone is not set up this way. Many other problems with different apps too.

Worldwide Samsung problem: if I find the same subject on the US, EU, and India forums (to name a few) than it IS a worldwide problem.

Howewer, the real problem is Samsung's lack of customr care. It is not comforting for me to just sit and hope one day the new update will solve it all. I repeat, the update should have been tested in advance which, obviously, Samsung bypassed.

Also, this is not the first time customer care from Samsung deserves zero points from me. I privately own a Samsung 40-inch smart TV. After only 4,5 years the TV became useless in a lot of functions (web services and web-related apps) because Samsung stops with updates to this TV model. When I complained to the customer care service and when we narrowed down to what really the problem is, they just stopped answering my emails. The TV remains half-useless.

It is unbeliveable how little Samsung cares about it's customers, many of whom depend on their products, either through work, private lives etc. I obviously am never again going to use a Samsung product anymore, but this ignorance from once great company has to be stopped once for all.

0 Likes
S21user2021
First Poster
Options

Exactly what I was talking about! Beta versions should be for testers like yourself only, and never be offered to general public (like me). That is the point of Beta testing, to iron-out all the possible bugs before software becomes stable enough for common user. This way Samsung compromised the security of data on the phones of so many users. Classic - dont't care for customers, dont't care for how their products will perform. Tipically Samsung.

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Which Build number and Service provider software version are you on?

Settings > About phone > Software information > Build number & Service provider software version (see screenshot, below)

BUILD CSC 1_Settings.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Alfsdad
Voyager
Options
As a member of the general public you didn't have access to the Beta Software. It was only released to those on the programme. The S21 beta ended mid November. At that point the Main software was released, it has been updated twice since then. With the last release having the December Security update within it.
0 Likes