Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Ultra over heating

(Topic created on: 26-02-2021 11:12 AM)
Shashank Sureka
First Poster
Options

Hi. I Purchased Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra almost 20 days ago. Its been regularly giving me overheating issues, especially when using the video call feature. As a result of overheating, the multi-window feature also stops working. Initially, it didn't use to get very hot but in the last few days, it has started getting hot to the extent that it can't even be held in hand. The phone is updated with the latest version, and I can't find any solution to this online.

Please Help.

6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Shashank Sureka ,  some customers experiencing overheating on S21  but  usually this settles down over time  as  patterns detected with the optimisation technology.  However  phone can quickly heat up if a lot of apps running in the background  and some apps which are not required a great deal should be put into sleep Mode. See more here https://thedroidguy.com/put-app-to-sleep-samsung-block-from-running-in-the-background-1126641      If connection  such as wifi, Bluetooth are not constantly required  they should only be switched on when needed and an idea to use a Power saving Mode or possibly  wipe the cache partition. See more here https://www.slashdigit.com/how-to-fix-overheating-issue-on-galaxy-s21-s21-plus-s21-ultra/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
isko01
Pioneer
Options

Hi @Shashank Sureka 

Can you tell me what is your last update?

And did you do wipe-chace after update?

P.S. did you also have overheating when turn on the camera  for 5 - 10 minutes and then your camera need to force close because of overheating?

Thx a lot

0 Likes
isko01
Pioneer
Options

Did you do wipe-chace after last update?

And did you get notification about overheating?

0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

I recorded a 30min fhd video and the phone got uncomfortably hot, hurts to even hold the phone

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

They just told me to clear cache of the apps that I used haha

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

I'm not so sure but I think the latest update is the culprit I never had this heating problem before the AUBB updated tho. But then it's just a security patch they say. 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes