Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Ultra faulty front speaker

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 03:06 PM)
RoninRigs
Explorer
Options

Hello! I just received yesterday my brand new S21 Ultra 5G, and I am sure my device is faulty. It's about the speaker. The sound is distorted.

I will attach here 2 links. And if you will listen, you will notice the problem. I have some friends with the same phone, and the sound is very clear.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vr68fhv2olvcmz/20210130_110905.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7mzsgdmc35fj9e/20210130_111123.mp4?dl=0

What is your advice? It's very frustrating.

Thank you!

50 REPLIES 50
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
it seems fine to me. If it's bothering u. U can change the phone.
footballstriker
Explorer
Options

I've noticed something very strange and wondered if this was just a fault that's come with that specific phone or something that every S21 ultra device is going to suffer with. The sound quality is really bad, like muffled. I noticed it more than anything when I heard my chosen notification sound go off (Crescent) and I thought that doesn't sound right. I got both phones side by side to compare and that notification sound is actually much clearer and better on the s20+ than on the s21 ultra. I then played other things like music and even had a phone call on the s21 ultra and realised that everything sounds kinda muffled on it. It's almost as if they've made the sound chip inside really cheap. There is nothing blocking the speakers and as it's brand new, there is no damp or dirt stuck inside, I even tried gently blowing inside the speaker to see. Samsung said they weren't aware of any people phoning about that particular issue on release day. They've put it down to a faulty phone and they're obviously going to replace it but I wondered if anyone else has had the same issue? I'd of thought if anything the sound should be even better on the s21 ultra, not worse!! Can't say I've really been able to notice the bass much because I was so shocked by how bad the treble sounded. This is all with the headphones NOT being plugged in.

RoninRigs
Explorer
Options
Understood. In the meantime I received a brand new phone. Everything is fine. I like the sound quality.
0 Likes
footballstriker
Explorer
Options

A brand new ultra s21? And has that fixed the distortion?

0 Likes
RoninRigs
Explorer
Options
Hello! Yes, the problems is gone. I suppose I received a faulty device. Overall, I am very satisfied about sound quality, volume, everything. If you have any further questions, just let me know.
0 Likes
Andrew87890
Apprentice
Options

Currently have the same issue. Sound is very distorted through both speakers. 

0 Likes
Andrew87890
Apprentice
Options

If I reset the phone it stops for a short time but comes back. 100% a software issue. 

Kalyka
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. Both speakers sound very distorted. I could hardly understand my mom when I tried talking to her over the phone.

0 Likes
RoninRigs
Explorer
Options
Sorry to hear that ☹️ it's very annoying, but hopefully it is a software bug and will be fixed soon. But is still strange... Why now? Until now, everything was fine and suddenly is distorted.
0 Likes