Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Ultra Dual Messenger Whatsapp Problem

(Topic created on: 08-12-2021 06:40 PM)
SharSh
Apprentice
Options

I have been using WhatsApp dual messenger for a while on my Galaxy S21  Ultra and lots of messages back and forth, recently after the latest updates I noticed I am unable to send or receive files of any type. Additionally I am unable to make backups of any sort so I can not get out Dual Messenger and restore somewhere else.

Apparently this has been going on for a while with no Fix in sight.

I don't know where samsung has messed up but my storage size is showing Zero kB.  whether this is  a permission problem they messed up or storage location for dual messengers app, the app seems to have no write permission at all hence all the problems.

The Solution to rename the com.whatsapp folder and making a new one and copy the old content DOES NOT work.  whether samsung has change something or not, it does not work anymore.

The Solution  to restore whatsapp into whatsapp business from app store also DOES NOT work, as the last backup of the messages on google drive is from July and samsung whatsapp will not let me make new online or local backups, it has no local backups anyways probably for the same reason, so I will be loosing lots of important messages.

I would be grateful if someone has a working solution.

Its so disappointing to see  Samsung doesn't care to fix the bugs they introduce with their updates even on their latest flagship phone.

Half of the value of a phone is customer satisfaction specially if it involves loosing important conversations, I know I will be avoiding Samsung phones in the future.

Don't put out features if you cant maintain or fix them.

10 REPLIES 10
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You should be aware this is a Whatsapp problem that they need to fix. Android 12 got launched and Whatsapp is not compatible with it so they need to update the app. It barely worked with Android 11. See the comments on Google Play and you will see it is not just Samsung devices that have the issue and how widespread the problems are WhatsApp Messenger - Apps on Google Play

You will need to contact Whatsapp to get them to support Android 12, it's an app issue.

0 Likes
SharSh
Apprentice
Options

Well the main WhatsApp app from play store  is working perfectly, only the Dual Messenger version (Framework being maintained by Samsung) stopped working after many months of working with a samsung update. I can't find this problem on another website, someone should find out how many of those reviews are samsung related.

0 Likes
GVdB_S21U
Apprentice
Options

I confirm I had the same issue, also after getting the most recent update installed on my phone (BUK8, instead of the original BUKG).

However, this suggestion I foundin another thread on this forum, seems to work, at least for now (running a backup to Google Drive now ...)

Rename the original "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp" to "com.whatsapp_bac" and create new folder by the name "com.whatsapp". Copy folder "/Internal Storage/DualApp/Android/media/com.whatsapp/WhatsApp" to "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp".

I hope this works for everyone!

SharSh
Apprentice
Options

As mentioned above this trick is no longer working.

0 Likes
GVdB_S21U
Apprentice
Options

It is working on my phone for over 24 hours now. I was able to create a backup on Google Drive, I am able to receive photo's from my contacts and I am able to send them mine.

0 Likes
Sera15
First Poster
Options

I feel lost and I am failing to rename and create a new folder

Rename the original "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp" to "com.whatsapp_bac" here should I rename just the com.whatsapp or the whole folder? I renamed the com.whatsapp to com.whatsapp_back which has worked but the creating folder is not working.

and create new folder by the name "com.whatsapp". - this part is failing..it keeps saying error occurred. Try again.

Help me to get past this because I can't even back up on Google drive 

Copy folder "/Internal Storage/DualApp/Android/media/com.whatsapp/WhatsApp" to "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp".

0 Likes
Members_BSmP1DX
First Poster
Options

Confirm this worked for me also.

After doing the steps presented by GVdb_S21U, I can send and receive media on my secondary Whatsapp and I can do backup again

Thanks a lot!!!

0 Likes
Members_p3CAbc9
First Poster
Options

Hi

I cant even find the folder: Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) ?? I have only one Internal Storage, I don't have a second one?

But I do find the folder: /Internal Storage/DualApp/Android/media/com.whatsapp/WhatsApp

What do I do now please?

0 Likes
Members_p3CAbc9
First Poster
Options

Hello

I cant even find the folder: Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) ?? I have only one Internal Storage, I don't have a second one?

But I do find the folder: /Internal Storage/DualApp/Android/media/com.whatsapp/WhatsApp

What do I do now please?

0 Likes