Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Ultra camera problem

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 08:26 PM)
ChrisOprey
Explorer
Options
I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue as me with the camera on the S21 Ultra? When recording a video and panning the camera it is quite jumpy. It sort of stops and starts. Just not smooth at all. Even when I'm taking photos and moving the camera it just seems laggy. Hard to find the right words to describe it. I tried 8K and also UHD at 60fps for the videos and getting the same issue. And the video quality is so poor. A lot worse than my S20 Ultra. 

I done a software update which hasn't helped. I also spoke with Samsung customer services and they checked different things but in the end said I need a replacement handset, which I won't get until thr 8th Feb.

So I was just wanting to know if anyone else was experiencing the same or similar issues. 
47 REPLIES 47
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
hello, I've heard a few problems with the camera juddering, but it's only on the viewfinder, the video is super smooth.
ChrisOprey
Explorer
Options
Yeah unfortunately with mine the recording is the same too.
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
I've just done some recording in 8k and 4k 60fps, in 8k there is a slight jitter and I mean slightly, but 4k is smooth as butter, what version do you have if you don't mind me asking? Qualcomm or exynos?
0 Likes
ChrisOprey
Explorer
Options
I have the Exynos version
0 Likes
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
I also have the exynos version, very strange, sorry I couldn't be of more assistance buddy.
ChrisOprey
Explorer
Options
Thank you for your replies anyway. I will just have to wait for the replacement handset to come on the 8th.
0 Likes
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
best of luck my friend, hopefully you have a faulty unit (as unfortunate that is) fingers crossed for you getting a fully functional unit 👍🤞
ChrisOprey
Explorer
Options
Thank you. Fingers crossed that's what it is. Awesome phone otherwise
Shamrock_Sean
Voyager
Options
I've not noticed this but I did have a 2nd software update today on Vodafone UK handset and it stated camera improvements. That's 2 updates since release