Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Ultra camera problem

(Topic created on: 08-04-2021 08:48 PM)
ChrisOprey
Explorer
Options
I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue as me with the camera on the S21 Ultra? When recording a video and panning the camera it is quite jumpy. It sort of stops and starts. Just not smooth at all. Even when I'm taking photos and moving the camera it just seems laggy. Hard to find the right words to describe it. I tried 8K and also UHD at 60fps for the videos and getting the same issue. And the video quality is so poor. A lot worse than my S20 Ultra. 

I done a software update which hasn't helped. I also spoke with Samsung customer services and they checked different things but in the end said I need a replacement handset, which I won't get until thr 8th Feb.

So I was just wanting to know if anyone else was experiencing the same or similar issues. 
47 REPLIES 47
Remixed711
Explorer
Options

Agreed. I personally don't have anything of substantial 8K quality that will be of use to me to use 8K, let alone the massive amount of data it hoards on internal memory  (before exporting it out). So I can't speak on its effectiveness or its lag.

I do notice laggy transitions when just panning the camera.

0 Likes
Bardon
Student
Options

Same is happening with my newly bought Exynos S21. The main reasons for me to upgrade from Huawei P30 were the jittery videos and battery life, and now it seems it was a downgrade on both fronts. I see dropped frames during video recording panning in FHD and UHD, no matter if it's 30 or 60 fps. Sad.

0 Likes
EmanS
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same problems you've mentioned also. Just finally got round to doing a factory reset after going through a lot of the suggestions here and the issue remains the same. Gonna have to get a replacement I think.
ChrisOprey
Explorer
Options
Yeah I would be contacting Samsung to request a replacement device
0 Likes
miaos
Student
Options

same issue that the video not smooth, i've bought 2 sets, both sets same issue with intermittent video lags> while video recording on UHD or FHD (unless "Super Steady" is on, but focusing are blurry at times while panning/tracking view) , there are random intermittent 'lags' throughout duration.
I've verified the same video via playback on phone and export video file to review on computer, same lags result.
I.e. when it lags, feels like the video FPS went very low (maybe 10+fps?) for an instant.
Happened intermittently for very short instant, some users may not detect the lags, while some can.

Highlighted issue to local customer service, hope the technical team gets back to me soon.

0 Likes
Gerrit1976
Pioneer
Options

Micro stutter and framedrops is seen on most Android phones. Most people don't even notice it. Iphone has the smoothest video recording. 

BUt the S21 Ultra in general has an little  issue when panning, especially when you pan to fast. I think it has to do with the stabilization.

Stabilization tries to keep the frame steady in place but when you pan it has to move at the same rate and that's when it goes wrong in my opinion. 

If you pan and stop panning, you see the image lagging behind.

0 Likes
miaos
Student
Options

These video recording "stuttering" are now much mucb better just after the recent April software updates. ❤️👍

thon

Taakh. Hope the critical updates keeps coming up 😁👍

0 Likes
Joejoseph
First Poster
Options

How about your new mobile? Does it works fine or it has same problem? 

0 Likes