Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Ultra camera problem

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 10:24 PM)
ChrisOprey
Explorer
Options
I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue as me with the camera on the S21 Ultra? When recording a video and panning the camera it is quite jumpy. It sort of stops and starts. Just not smooth at all. Even when I'm taking photos and moving the camera it just seems laggy. Hard to find the right words to describe it. I tried 8K and also UHD at 60fps for the videos and getting the same issue. And the video quality is so poor. A lot worse than my S20 Ultra. 

I done a software update which hasn't helped. I also spoke with Samsung customer services and they checked different things but in the end said I need a replacement handset, which I won't get until thr 8th Feb.

So I was just wanting to know if anyone else was experiencing the same or similar issues. 
47 REPLIES 47
Kelvin0514
First Poster
Options

I just noticed the same issue and found this thread. I think the problem is having the frame rate on auto. I panned my camera on FHD Auto, and it was jumping, I then set it to FHD 60 and it was smooth as butter. Hope this helps!

ChrisOprey
Explorer
Options
That could be the issue. I have now had a replacement handset and all is good with this one.
0 Likes
Remixed711
Explorer
Options

A simple fix is cool, however, it doesn't solve the line streaks. Using Google Duo app, for example, the end-user can see the line streaks when my camera is in low-light conditions.

0 Likes
beancrafted
Apprentice
Options

Have you gotten the replacement handset? I've been getting this same problem and I've tried demo sets in the store and they all have the same problems.

ChrisOprey
Explorer
Options
Hi, yes I got a replacement handset and it works perfectly now. Having none of the issues that I had on my original handset thankfully.
0 Likes
beancrafted
Apprentice
Options

That's good, I have additional questions for your previous s21 ultra.

Was there a system UI lag once you took a pic?

Were you using gesture navigation?

0 Likes
ChrisOprey
Explorer
Options
I didn't notice any UI lag once I took a pic and yes I had gesture navigation switched on. Hope that helps.
0 Likes
Tamir
Apprentice
Options

My 8k is kind of laggy I can't actually use it. Any idea? 

0 Likes
Remixed711
Explorer
Options

Simple. Don't use it. One-minute filming is already  1GB. Most devices you use or own don't have 8K quality  anyways.

0 Likes
Tamir
Apprentice
Options

Thx but what's the point of not using it. That doesn't solve the problem 

0 Likes