Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Ultra - Camera Issue after May update

(Topic created on: 08-06-2021 06:02 PM)
TheRIPGarage
Journeyman
Options

Has anyone else experienced camera focus issues after the last update? Will the next update fix these issues?

14 REPLIES 14
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
There is a release at the moment June's update Samsung have said they have included a fix for it
TheRIPGarage
Journeyman
Options
Let's hope they fix it, as at the moment is very annoying to have these issues
0 Likes
5ayf
Pathfinder
Options
What issues are these??
0 Likes
TheRIPGarage
Journeyman
Options
The camera will not focus on standard mode and it will be blurred
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you got scene optimiser ON? Has it helps with focus especially for macro shots.
TheRIPGarage
Journeyman
Options
Yes I have scene optimiser on, I can only get rid of the blur if i change the modes a couple of times, but by the time is back to normal the moment is lost 😅
5ayf
Pathfinder
Options
I've not experienced that issue. But I have experienced a lot of noise on some photos for some odd reason.
0 Likes
Goff4
First Poster
Options

Exactly what's been happening to me - I've been googling but I've been surprised I haven't seen more people reporting the same behavior.

Starting happening after the May release, doesn't appear to be fixed by the June release for me. Camera will be out of focus only on the main wide angle (108mp) lens, it's perfectly in focus when I switch to the other three. Tapping an object in the frame to get a focus lock on it does nothing, like it's stuck on a focus lock already that it won't give up. Force quitting the Camera app and clearing the cache often does nothing either.

What I've found to be most effective is putting my hand in front of the lens so that "Focus Enhancer" turns on (which I know is just it switching to the Ultra Wide), and then pulling my hand away. When it switches back to the main Wide angle, it's often focusing properly again but it's hit or miss and can take several attempts.

To the OP's post, really miss the moment in a lot of these cases struggling to get this focus. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone have any other solutions?

For reference I'm using a Snapdragon version of the S21 Ultra.

0 Likes
CesTan
First Poster
Options

Does the issue fixed already by the june update? Mine doesn't. 

0 Likes