Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G rattle

(Topic created on: 07-12-2021 08:30 PM)
mocerad
Explorer
Options

Hello all!

I got my SGS21U5G a week ago and would like your help since I noticed rattle when I shake it?

I wouldn't expect this on a Samsung premium device and don't know if I am the only one with this issue... 😕

Any idea what it is and what to do?

THX! Enjoy, T.

59 REPLIES 59
Members_8t98G0O
Student
Options

Mine too. Or it seems we have better hearing. 

0 Likes
bomp306
Pioneer
Options
Turn your camera on and press and hold on the screen to lock focus (yellow padlock)

now try to replicate the shaking noise and let us know.
0 Likes
BassTheMan
First Poster
Options

Not sure if yall figured this out yet but try one more thing. If your phone still rattles with the camera app open, zoom in MORE than 10x and shake again.

Norman_kay
First Poster
Options

Hello Samsung family.  My issue just started. I have never heard this sound before.  Doing some of the same actions I would before would not produce this sound. Like everyone has said once the camera is on and zooming the noise disappears. Annoying  but nothing is affected accept now im like WTF is this noise 

0 Likes
Internet Safety
First Poster
Options

For some reason, mine doesn't stop, but just rattles quieter when in the camera app.

0 Likes
Veljko012
First Poster
Options

I have same problem, model is S21... just quieter..

bobby2478
Student
Options

This. If it's less than 10x zoom it rattles with camera and focus lock on. If I go to 10x or more zoom then rattle goes away. 

0 Likes
Adam BZH
First Poster
Options

Can't believe after all these discussions, people still think the noise is some kind of defect.

Check out this video https://youtu.be/neLzN4QtTIk?t=339

Which clearly showing you the lens moves freely when not powered on.

That is NOT A DEFECT, that's the mechanical structure allows the camera to FOCUS and do IMAGE STABILIZATION.

They will not be powered on if not being used, thus, the lens moves freely in the camera module case.

If your phone have multiple camera, different focus range actually using different camera, so even your camera app open, it's not using all the camera at the same time, the one not being used may still make noise if you shake it.

And I see some comment here saying cameras using BALL BEARINGS, and that's where the noise come from, WTF???

NO, THERE IS NO BALL BEARINGS, they are using electromagnetic field to hold and change the lens position, there is no moving parts other than the lens itself.

The rattle noise is just simply the lens come in contact with the camera module case, which is 100000% normal.

In fact, ANY phone camera do this, the difference is how big the camera module or how many camera they have, what that effects is how the noise sounds like and how loud it is.

I have one s4, one s5, one s6, two s7, one s8, one N20U, some old HTC phone, THEY ALL  MAKE NOISE IF YOU SHAKE THEM.

The difference is they are not sounds the same, some may not that easily catchable. 

Further more.

When Note20U just released, there seems a protection feature, if you shake the phone a little (even the screen is locked), it will power on the camera module to hold lens in place for a few second, if you let it down, you may hear a tiny click noise, which is the camera module powers down and the lens drops down due to gravity.

And that feature seems being removed somehow on recent firmware versions, maybe the click sound annoying more people than simply let the lens slide around.

0 Likes
Megazoa
First Poster
Options

I turned my camera on and when I shake it with the camera on, I still hear the rattle. Should I be concerned? 🤔

0 Likes
Members_HxdnSHj
First Poster
Options

I contacted Samsung service for replace or repair but... its the worst service i ever saw. next smartphone is gonna be Iphone im sick of Samsung its everytime the same.

0 Likes