Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Secure Folder Restore Issue

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 07:48 PM)
Members_egyNBoG
Apprentice
Options

Hi All,

Help please! I have moved from a Samsung Galaxy S20 to S21 Ultra. I have restored everything such as photos and messages, but when it comes to my Secure Folder, the restore fails constantly. Its about 20GB in size and I have 1GB Broadband but it takes a while to download then consistently fails to do so after an hour. When trying to login to the Samsung CLoud Secure Folder on a Browser, I get a make sure its you notice but nothing comes on my phone! All my precious data is stored and I am worried it is lost! Anyone come across this?

11 REPLIES 11
GULLYD
First Poster
Options
Yes I had major issues with secure folder on could transfer over my photos to S21 ultra, I had to add contacts manually
0 Likes
Members_egyNBoG
Apprentice
Options

Did you manage to sort it? Is it an issue with the Phone or Cloud?

0 Likes
GULLYD
First Poster
Options
I think it was an issue with cloud , I also had issues with passwords which I had forgotten, don't think it's working
0 Likes
Members_egyNBoG
Apprentice
Options

Still having issues and Samsung support are absolutely awful! Passing me from pillar to post! I have signed out of all my accounts and the "lets check its you" process is still trying to push a message, despite no devices being logged in with my Samsung account!! Shambolic

0 Likes
phil981
Pioneer
Options
does the download finish? when I restored 12GB of secure folder data the processing of the data once it had downloaded took longer than the download itself. I thought it had frozen at one point but I decided to ignore staring at its progress and after a few hours all was restored
0 Likes
Members_egyNBoG
Apprentice
Options

No - The download files with an error -Couldn’t restore data.

Check connection settings and try again. Tried on different Wireless networks and 4G!

0 Likes
phil981
Pioneer
Options
oh no 😕

have you tried restoring each element in groups to reduce the file size?

(e.g out of your 20gb to restore if it is made up of 10gb of photos and 10gb of videos could you try restore one first then the other?)
0 Likes
Members_egyNBoG
Apprentice
Options

Not sure why I did not think of that! Will try that. Thanks.

0 Likes
phil981
Pioneer
Options
fingers crossed it works for you :smiling-face:
0 Likes