Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy s21 plus honest review

(Topic created on: 31-01-2021 06:33 PM)
steca41
Pioneer
Options

My s21 plus arrived today (1 day earlier than planned 😁 ) and i must say it is the best phone ive owned..

I ordered direct from Samsung which went very smoothly and traded in my s10e for £250 although im a bit apprehensive with the trust pilot reviews on the company that deals with the samsung recycle scheme. There seems to be a lot of complaints about them trying to con extra money from you with alleged screen burn issues, But that is a battle to worry about in the coming weeks, In the meantime im going to enjoy exploring the s21.

The phone arrived at 2.30pm and out the box was on 73% battery when i first switched it on and using the data cable hooked up to my old s10e took about 30 minutes to transfer all my data very smoothly with no problems. Since i unboxed it ive never had it out of my hand including watching lots of you tube videos. At no point did it get hot only slightly warm, Which was a relief as i was worried going on other comments that i could fry an egg on it after using it for a bit lol.

So its now  11.30pm and the battery has just gone completely flat which i think is good going as its been on non stop, Downloading apps ect for a good 9 hours. My new fast charger tells me 1hr 41m until charging is complete 😂

The free gifts arrived today along with the handset. the buds live have surprised me at how good they are, when i first unboxed them my initial thought was 'they will never stay in my ear' but to my surprise they hold really well. I done 5k on the spin bike and they didn't even come close to dropping out.  Ive never used the bud type earphone only the 'in ear' type and i now much prefer this version of earphone.

The phone app that supports the buds works really well, you can change the music settings to clear, extra bass, ect.. My favourite mode is dynamic the music sounds great on that mode. On the app is where you can also select noise cancellation which isnt brilliant at blocking out background noise but it is not too bad.

The smart tag isnt something i would of bought, But as a free gift it will come in handy. Ive put it on my keys and its small enough not to get in the way. I spent 30 minutes hiding my keys around the house to test it out much to the annoyance of her indoors lol.

Overall its a solid 9/10 from me - for the device, gifts + service from samsung 

galaxy 21+ 5G - Phantom Violet.

galaxy buds live - mystic black.

6.jpg

*The attached pic was taken with my old s10e and not my new phone.

15 REPLIES 15
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
I highly recommend you dont let your phone get to 0%, as this damages your battery and makes it degrade quickly, I would say keep it above 80% at all times to keep your battery healthy enough to last till you upgrade to a new phone
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
I have some tips to make your battery last much longer, can I give you them?
0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@steca41 

what a lovely story, I almost cried 😂

wish you great memories together with your new stunning phone

you can grab 25W brick to save time charging

stay safe 😉🆗

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi @steca41,
I would be happy if u can update me on ur trade in with samsung as I did the same trade with my s10e. I would be like to be prepared and also are u giving ur old headphone and charger back with ur s10e. ?? Thanks
steca41
Pioneer
Options
hi, I'm just sending them the handset and charge wire.
for hygiene reasons they won't want headphones and I'm keeping power brick incase I need it.
0 Likes
IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
What mobile service did you get it from
AT&T Sky Vodafone
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
okay thanks u.
0 Likes
steca41
Pioneer
Options
I bought the handsend directly from Samsung.
I've got a sky mobile sim only contact for £6 per month. unlimited minutes & texts. 2gb data (I don't use much data as I'm never far from wifi)
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
I meant that keeping your battery over 80% will help to make your phones battery to last you until you get a new phone.
0 Likes