Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21: overheating, disastrous battery life, terrible cameras - another Not

(Topic created on: 31-01-2021 06:01 PM)
Raph06
Journeyman
Options

I got my S21 Ultra (Exynos) on Thursday 28 Jan. Today is Sunday 31 Jan. 
I noticed, from day 1, that the phone was getting hot quite quickly, although I was only transferring data, setting things up, etc.

Then I noticed the battery life was not great, but I know that the phone learns about my usagé pattern and adapts to it, so I waited. Today, the phone has allegedly finished learning and predicted a battery life of 18 hours. Not great.

As I was using the phone for basic tasks, I noticed the battery was declining rapidly.

Then I started using the camera, I noticed thé overheating. I only took a few shots and a few short videos, and the phone became too hot to hold comfortably. I put it in my pocket, and I could feel the heat through the fabric!!!🤔

Now, the 18 hours predicted battery’s life has turned to 13 hours, and going down fast.

Tha Camera app was active for 34 minutes, with 1 h 10 mins in the background, for a battery usage of 13%.

On top of that, the quality of the photos is appalling. Highlights are blown, low contrast, etc. But that will be the subject of another post, if I’m still the owner of this inferior piece of hardware.

I’m thinking of going back to my Galaxy S10+.

Update 1: I installed CPU monitor. I picked up the phone from idle to shoot some video. The CPU temperature went from 29C to 41C in 2 minutes. 

I put the phone to charge. The CPU temperature is 41C, with high CPU usage, when I was actually doing nothing.

39 REPLIES 39
eljefe90
Explorer
Options

I am having the exact same issue as you  mate  had it delivered the same date as you in UK too and my battery is still learning in the end I had to do a factory reset because when I checked my battery usage it was showing WhatsApp was using background usage of over 10 hours for a hour of use with all notifications turned off and the app put to sleep it was still using hours of background use done factory reset and still the same! Camera is overheating also slight weird plastic smell from phone when on charge 

Gilani
Pioneer
Options
I'm considering cancelling my order tbh
mermii
Journeyman
Options
I had the same issues but it's working fine now 12hrs in more than normal use and 25% battery left. the heating issue has just gone since the 2nd update. exnos chip.
0 Likes
mermii
Journeyman
Options
also I've had it since Tuesday
0 Likes
Raph06
Journeyman
Options
Interesting. I'm on O2 and received one update so far (late on Friday night).
When did you receive the updates?
0 Likes
mermii
Journeyman
Options
I had them on Tuesday and Friday. just be patient they need the software updates to fine tune the phone. I really was thinking about sending it back . I'm happy now
mermii
Journeyman
Options
will be almost 16 hrs. till dead time. also the battery needs to be run in .

Screenshot_20210131-192556_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
when you preorder a phone they are always awful for the first couple of weeks as you are the guinea pig I always get mine later on for this reason
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
software updates will fix it all