Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 non existent signal

(Topic created on: 23-08-2021 12:07 AM)
Gazski
Explorer
Options
Just upgraded from S10+ to S21 ultra. Wish I hadn't now 😒
Signal strength is non existant compared to S10.
Has anyone found a fix for this issue yet?
11 REPLIES 11
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
I have noticed the same thing
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Are your signal issues in one particular area or everywhere @Gazski  ?

Take a look in Settings, About Phone,  Status Information,  Sim Card Status, Signal Strength to see how your phone is performing.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Gazski
Explorer
Options
Everywhere, will check out signal strength tomorrow when I get home. Will do it on new and old phone with same sim card to see what the difference is. Will update post
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Same here

Traded from P30 Pro to S21 Ultra and really wish I hadn't. Signal is awful compared to P30 Pro (thank God for WiFi calling these days).

Samsung nothing short of useless. Chargeback has been initiated with the bank.
DizgruntleDS21Ultra
First Poster
Options

Don't waste your time. This has been a known issue since release... Just Google it. Samsung is choosing to turn it's back on it's customers and ignore the issue. Like me, you're stuck with a useless brick unless you're on Wi-Fi... 

Portyp
Student
Options

Same problem. S21 5G has terrible signal strength. I have compared it to a S9 and have done a side by side with another Samsung phone on the same network and the S21 is at least 1 or 2 bars lower. Not happy at all and having many problems making and receiving calls. 

Gazski
Explorer
Options
Not sure what network you are on but I spoke to EE who said a bad batch of phones had been received and I got my two replaced. Been very good now
JTL77
Student
Options

Gazski, what is EE? I need to call them because my phone has to be part of a bad batch. My signal is zero bars or 1 bar where other Verizon phones have full signal. I turn on wifi calling because phone calls wont work and I still don't get incoming calls. Outgoing calls go through sometimes but usually just sit there forever without ringing. I just called someone and it suddenly started ringing several minutes after I called. 

Also, my notifications don't always pop up and even when they do, often I touch them to open the app and the notification disappears but the app never opens. Half the time I forget what the notification said so I can't go looking for it. 

Highly annoying. I wish my screen didn't break on my S10, I never would've gotten this worthless phone.

0 Likes
JTL77
Student
Options

Nevermind, I'm guessing EE means employee.

Is there a good number to call, or should I just call my local branch?

0 Likes