Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Dual-SIM MMS issue

(Topic created on: 01-10-2021 12:26 PM)
lh1015
Apprentice
Options

Hi All

Got a really special issue with my new S21 5G set.

Have 2 SIM cards installed. And have configured the preferred SIM for Data to be SIM1. but this has the effect that I can not receive MMS on SIM2 unless I switch to SIM2 as preferred Data card in the configuration on the phone (this is very unhandy)

Any knowledge on how to avoid reconfiguration evry time I need to pickup an MMS?

Regards

19 REPLIES 19
kooliokevin
Student
Options

Anyone have a solution that doesn't involve installing some random third party texting app (like Textra?)

TS74
Apprentice
Options

Random?

What rock are you living under.

Stock-apps are not always the best you know. I've used Textra forever and ever, works best of them all. 

0 Likes
SavesTheDay
First Poster
Options

Textra is a great work around for now, but I like using Google Messages and using the Chat and Bubbles features. I rarely send MMS on SIM 2 so it should be fine for the most part, but if Textra works no problem so can other messaging apps. The question is, how long till Sammy fixes it?

0 Likes
deevee8
First Poster
Options

This problem still exists on S22 Ultra.

kooliokevin
Student
Options

I think it's working as of earlier this week/last week, I just went back to Google's Messenger app and it seems to be working normally. I have the e-sim set up with Google's RCS and I'm able to send/receive MMS through the secondary sim.

Check to see if your Messenger app and Google Carrier Services are up to date and try it again

0 Likes
Amy S
Student
Options

I tried this on my 22 Ultra and it didn't work.  Any other ideas?

Amy S
Student
Options

Same issue on my 22 Ultra.  The suggestion to use the Textra app did not work.  Any other ideas?

Godo_O
First Poster
Options

With samsung messaging app:

Three dots- settings - chat settings- chat features off.

Three dots- settings - chat settings -default message type - textbor multimedia 

Three dots- settings - more settings - multimedia messages - group conversations off

That did it for me

0 Likes
Josh489
First Poster
Options

So we have TWO messaging apps preinstalled on our devices. One is from Samsung and the other from Google.

The Samsung app allows for what I refer to as "auto sim switching". It will automatically switch  to send and download MMS or it is somehow using the primary sims data to download the MMS for the e-sim phone number. 

Google messages makes you manually switch between Sims to be able to download and send MMS. This drives me crazy because I use group messaging for my work line and group messaging is MMS but I use the unlimited data from my personal line to stream music, podcasts and research all day long. I would very much like to use the new updated software from Google messaging for the stupid iphone text message reactions that drive me crazy but the constant switching back and forth or possibly forgetting to switch back to unlimited data sim card could be a drastic mistake 😕..

Samsung's message software can't even be located in the app stores and doesn't have as many features as the Google messages app. But the one feature it does have Is the auto switch sim option.. drives me nuts...

Norbarb
First Poster
Options

There are over year later and Google don't give a f..k about issue. They don't respond anything related to problem. They don't care because people in Google using iPhones.  

0 Likes