Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Dual-SIM MMS issue

(Topic created on: 12-11-2021 11:59 AM)
lh1015
Apprentice
Options

Hi All

Got a really special issue with my new S21 5G set.

Have 2 SIM cards installed. And have configured the preferred SIM for Data to be SIM1. but this has the effect that I can not receive MMS on SIM2 unless I switch to SIM2 as preferred Data card in the configuration on the phone (this is very unhandy)

Any knowledge on how to avoid reconfiguration evry time I need to pickup an MMS?

Regards

19 REPLIES 19
Ntsiki
Student
Options
I'm also super interested in how to get around this issue. I'm experiencing something similar.
KyleN1
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same issue with my dual sim S21 ultra. Incredibly frustrating.

esim doesn't show my phone number correctly in the sim options section. Seems like a software bug

PB2
Apprentice
Options

Me too!  Same issue. I cannot receive MMS on one of the SIMs unless i manually switch it over to be the preferred SIM for both Messages and Mobile data.

It seems the programmers misinterpreted the word 'preferred' and instead made it 'only'.

This has been bugging me for months and I only figured out how to work around the problem today which is incredibly frustrating. Then I found your post! Glad I'm not alone.

Samsung please help!?!

0 Likes
NathanA123
First Poster
Options

Same problem on my s21 ultra with dual sims. Have to manually switch Mobile data to download mms and voicemails for my sim2. This is an absolute joke samsung! 

0 Likes
Members_lLJMcNA
First Poster
Options

Same problem on my Samsung S21 5G.

0 Likes
Members_5MVuKyt
Apprentice
Options

Bonjour

depuis que j'ai un S21 ultra ,j'ai le même problème que vous (avant j'avais un A51 et il n'y avait pas ce souci)

Cdt

0 Likes
TS74
Apprentice
Options

Download and install "Textra" as default message-app. Problem solved.

PB2
Apprentice
Options

I installed Textra based on your advice @TS74 and can verify it works! Thanks mate 👍

TS74
Apprentice
Options

Yes, software issue, google and samsungs messages-apps are not good stuff 🙂