Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 - Dead Pixel (Pink Line) without any physical damages

(Topic created on: 27-03-2023 11:58 PM)
AndroidUserHello
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, 

Got my hands on a Galaxy S21 back in 2021. Yesterday while I was using my device, all of a sudden a pink vertical line appeared. 

I noticed it going and coming. When it appeared I turned off the display, it went away. But after a few mins it just decided to stay forever. I restarted the device and now the dead pixel line is permanent. 

I recently updated this to the One UI 5 version and after I got this dead pixel I upgraded to One UI 5.1 also just to make sure if its a bug or something, it will get cleared when I update to One UI 5.1. 

Nop! Unfortunately the line is still the same. How does this happen when I have not physically dropped my phone? 

Troubleshooting done: 

1. Restarted Multiple Times

2. Booted in Safe Mode Twice

3. Ran RGB on *#0*# so many times

4. All software updates done and the device is upto date. 

5. No physical damages whatsoever.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Is this a Manufacturer fault? 

Would really appreciate some feedback on this. 

IMG-20230327-WA0000.jpg

Galaxy S21 5G 

7 REPLIES 7
lucabcardoso
Pathfinder
Options
Well. That happends to me too with my samsung s7 edge I got a pink line at nowhere. This isn't The Softwares fault. That could be the OLED faulty. Or water damaged or flex cable broken
0 Likes
lucabcardoso
Pathfinder
Options
If your phone still in warranty u could get a free repair from samsung. If not. No luck
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you go into the phone dialer, and the dial *#0*#
At the top are 3 different coloured test cards.
If the lines dissappear on those test cards. Its likely you have an app or theme that's causing this.

If the lines stay there on the test cards, then it's likely the screen has been damaged and this will need to be repaired.
0 Likes
AndroidUserHello
Apprentice
Options

Hello there! 

I have already tried the Red Green Blue test on *#0*# as mentioned on my post. 

Which is also my concern. How does your screen get damaged when you were just holding your phone watching a video? It just appeared as I was just going through my Facebook feed. There is no drops or physical damages on the phone. If I dropped the phone and got a pink line, I would not be posting this question on a forum. Any other suggestions on this? 

0 Likes
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
Hi androiduserhello , have you tried using different wallpaper or themes ?
0 Likes
AndroidUserHello
Apprentice
Options

Hello! 

Yes tried it just now since you suggested - Nop. Its the same. 

Its really unfair how something like this can happen. 😕

0 Likes
JerryS
Voyager
Options
It sounds like a hardware fault with the display to me. Possibly due to water ingress but not necessarily. If its still in warranty I'd take it straight to Samsung but otherwise you could try asking a reputable third party repairer to take a look and clean the phone and reseat the display connector. Or ask Samsung to repair, they should be able to give you a quote for a replacement display
0 Likes