Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 camera

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 02:30 PM)
RDavis33
Apprentice
Options
Hi all,

I've recently got the S21, first samsung, and struggling a bit with the camera especially video. I decided on the phone based on the fact the camera was supposed to be really good but this isn't what I'm finding! If I try to record on 8k any movement shows as a shake and if I put the stabilisation on then the image is very grainy.

I'm hoping maybe I am doing something wrong but wondered how others have found the camera so far?
8 REPLIES 8
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
honestly I haven't done a lot of recording, but I have done some and it has been amazing, as are the photos. have you turned off scene optimizer completely, It is likely to do nothing but I always find it interferes more than helps. and of course, I'm sure you have, but have you updated the software? Settings >> Software Update >> Download and Install- if there is an update available it will show as "What's New" if it is up to date, it will say just that.
0 Likes
MDaiana
Navigator
Options
My S21's camera is very bad as well. I just ordered another phone and I will send this one back. It's horrible. Everything about the cameras is just advertising, nothing for real. Probably I will never use 8k on this phone as it's very bad quality. Even with FHD/UHD 30/60 fps on night light the image is very blurry and I get a lot of blue dots all over the screen and a blue tint on the bottom. Hate it!
RDavis33
Apprentice
Options
Did you speak to anyone about it when sending it back? I looked at your post too. I tried the camera outside and is much better although a bit too vivid in colour, but in low light without the flash it's really not great and very grainy
0 Likes
MDaiana
Navigator
Options
what do you mean by "if I speak with someone"? I contacted Samsung Customer Service, I told them my issue, I did all the troubleshooting they are saying to do and they offered me a replacement bur this doesn't work for me as I have to stay few days without a phone.
0 Likes
MDaiana
Navigator
Options
So instead of replacement I will return it for good.
0 Likes
RDavis33
Apprentice
Options
ah ok so samsung acknowledged it could be an issue with the phone is what I mean. I just wondered if I should contact them or maybe its still me doing something wrong with the settings etc.
0 Likes
MDaiana
Navigator
Options
well, in my opinion is something wrong with S21 line as I seen a lot of bad reviews especially for Ultra and the cameras are not what they promised. I will come with updates once I the second fond arrives so I can compare them
0 Likes
MDaiana
Navigator
Options
phone*
0 Likes