Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Camera: Bad motion blur, soft and low detail images

(Topic created on: 05-11-2021 05:24 PM)
TomFranks
Journeyman
Options
Cam anyone help? If a subject moves even slightly I get bad motion blur. Also, my images are soft and grainy at best. The camera is performing really poorly compared to reviews I have seen

Examples below

14 REPLIES 14
roastedwookie
Voyager
Options

There is nothing you can do. Indoor photos are just bad because of the poor image processing.

WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I have the exact same issue! Very annoying as 80% of the photos I take of my dog need to be deleted due to the issue you raised in your original post.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
TomFranks
Journeyman
Options
Yeah it's really disappointing as all reviews praised the camera
LJ90
Student
Options

Anyone find a solution for this horrid camera? I went from Samsung Galaxy S8 to S10. Returned the S10 because it looked like the camera in a 2005 flip phone.  Got a Pixel 3 and had that for a few years.  It was okay.  Now this week I upgraded to the regular Galaxy S21. The photos look better than Pixel 6 Pro at the store,  but now that I took it home, it also looks like crappy flip phone quality. The S8 still has the best camera I've seen on a phone.  This is ridiculous. A brand new, current phone shouldn't look this horrible.  I'm having the exact same quality issue as the OP. I like Samsung better overall,  but this camera is pure garbage. 

And yes,  I know how cameras work. I am a photographer. 

0 Likes
Jacksonian
First Poster
Options

There isn't anything you can do aside from holding the phone against a solid surface to stabilize it when indoors.

All the Galaxy S phones I've used have had this issue.
I've used Galaxy S (2010), S2, Galaxy Nexus, S4, S6, S8, S9, S20, and S21 (my current daily driver). None of them can take good indoor photos.
Samsung is doing something wrong. Maybe it's the default indoor shutter speed, the post-processing, the OIS, or the sensor itself...
I haven't had great experiences with iPhones indoors either, until the more recent "Pro" models. I rarely get the sharp and clear photos that Apple-loving iBloggers get.
Pixels have been the best at consistently clear and sharp indoor pictures in my experience.

0 Likes